Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-10-2007, 04:41 AM   #1
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Rear Center Toyota emblem removal

Should be move involved than debadging, quick search didn't pull anything up although I'm positive its been discussed before.

spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:44 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Well, the problem is that the sheet metal under there is indented, so if you remove the badge, there'll be a big embossed oval... I suppose you could go overboard and fill it up with body filler then repaint on top of it, but it would still probably look weird, notice how the bottom edge of the rear window follows the contour of the badge?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
tiksman

Drives: 07 Red Hatch
There is also 2 holes in the panel for the emblem to align to. So you would have 2 holes
tiksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
spkrman
Banned

didnt say i wasnt putting it back now did I :)

to make it look right, I'dsay the whole hatch would have to be reshaped... looks good, but I'd like to modify it a bit :)

I'dimagine it yanks right off, but i'm not sure?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
take out that trunk release handle too while you're at it... smoooth

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
spkrman
Banned

the hatch key thing back there might have to go, i think it would look better without it.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black

Ive seen that center emblem takin off and that shit is ugly as hell because there is an indention in the trunk of the emblem not like the "Toyota" or the "Yaris" sign that is flat in the back.

Last edited by elsteverino889; 01-10-2007 at 03:32 PM.
elsteverino889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I asked Chris about this a long time ago. He has painted his badges... of course this is on a liftback so I don't know if it will be of any help to you sedan owners, but regardless... If I remember correctly, you have to remove the plastic paneling on the rear hatch. There is a small rectangular pop-out that you remove and through that you can lift the entire skin off. That gives you access to the rear badge.

Last edited by ChinoCharles; 01-10-2007 at 04:24 PM.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I asked Chris about this a long time ago. He has painted his badges... of course this is on a liftback so I don't know if it will be of any help to you sedan owners, but regardless... If I remember correctly, you have to remove the plastic paneling on the rear hatch. There is a small rectangular pop-out that you remove and through that you can lift the entire skin off. That gives you access to the rear badge.
sounds good, i was figuring that panel might have to come off.

I'll sit on the emblem color change for now... or maybe i wont, we'll see what happens when I get bored :)