Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #55
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Do you think our engines were built using the specs of a balanced engine?
You already know that there is no concrete definition of that. There is quite a bit more balancing that can be done with this motor. I know, I've done some of it.

So, you continue to argue from points you know aren't solid. It's a vapor argument, and by this point everyone on this thread can see it. This is my last post on it, and of course.... you may have the last word.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #56
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Just about to click "unsubscribe" from this thread. I'd rather put a gun in my mouth and paint the walls with my brains then continue to read this drivel.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #57
o2cavyss

Drives: 2009 sedan
While I don't agree with how Camelll has continued with all this, I have to agree that his questions to NST are not unreasonable. But even if the answers aren't what you'd want from someone building parts for cars, at this point there is more than enough proof that these are quality products. And, to be fair, anyone modifying there car should understand that they are making changes to the plan that Toyota engineers planned and tested to meet whatever needs they had (cheap and reliable) in order to make them the most profit. ANY mods will inherently have an impact on the car's reliability, and in almost all cases adding power increases stress loads on the engine/drivetrain and lessens the life of all affected components. ANYONE modding a car assumes that risk.
o2cavyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:11 AM   #58
Tatsh

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris LE
Hell, a few members who installed the blitz supercharger started running extremely lean in F/A mixture in another thread, I'd say that's more of a concern than running a pulley, why are you so obsessed with proving that running the NST pully will damage the car?
Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #59
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i would think that 99.9% of people who use an NST pulley will sell their car WELL before they run into trouble due to an undampened pulley (regardless of whether it does any harm to the engine)....just my 2c
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #60
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
I will NEVA SELL my BABY.... I LOVE MY TONYA
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote