Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-21-2019, 01:39 AM   #1
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
What is going on with Yarisworld?

It was down all day yesterday. Over the past week it has been down more often than up. Page either shows "Database Error" or nothing at all. Does anybody know what is happening?
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:10 AM   #2
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Also.. the forum is no longer accessible by tapatalk ... happened maybe about 2 weeks ago....
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #3
nortonfb

Drives: 2007
A large server was down in Denver maybe that is part of it.
Gleaned that from another group I belong too.
Photobucket was unavailable also.
nortonfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
The begining of the end :(
It's a very sad time.
So much amazing info.

If we need donations to keep this going I would without hesitation.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
The begining of the end :(
It's a very sad time.
So much amazing info.

If we need donations to keep this going I would without hesitation.
This will be a tragedy if it folds up. As much as I hate the suggestion, maybe the site owners should start selling advertising space. Then again, if there isn't the traffic, that probably wouldn't help. I too would make a donation, or pay a small annual member ship fee, if it would help preserve the site.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:26 PM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I think it's who ever hosts these sites. My FR-S forum, FT86club, also goes down showing the same error.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #7
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I really didn't think it would come back after the last db crash.

Throwing money at it certainly not the answer with an absentee owner who doesn't give a crap.
No new blood can join, down to about a half dozen regular contributors. Not sustainable.
Hell, two of the most active threads lately are discussions about Ford, Honda and VW. Even our own Toyota centric chatter is disappearing.

Enjoy the sunset guys. Darkness is coming.

It's been a very good 12 year run for me. Learned a ton and made good friends along the way.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #8
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Yeah, not much people post anymore. I barely post these days, here and on FT86club.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #9
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I really didn't think it would come back after the last db crash.

Throwing money at it certainly not the answer with an absentee owner who doesn't give a crap.
No new blood can join, down to about a half dozen regular contributors. Not sustainable.
Hell, two of the most active threads lately are discussions about Ford, Honda and VW. Even our own Toyota centric chatter is disappearing.

Enjoy the sunset guys. Darkness is coming.

It's been a very good 12 year run for me. Learned a ton and made good friends along the way.
Yup. Sad as it is. The thought of losing all this info is depressing. Thankfully, I at least made a turbo build thread at ToyotaNation. My swap thread and all the other great build threads will be lost forever. I wonder if there is any way to port threads to another website, assuming another website would want them. Just grasping at straws, here.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #10
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
ToyotaNation
I haven't been over there in years. The Yaris sub-forum had become even less active than YW is now. Have to check it out again, see if it's gaining new life.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:44 PM   #11
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

The owners haven't been engaged in literally years. Site goes down every so often, they seem to get it back up.

It's nothing but a drain on them, as they've communicated in the past, but she somehow stays afloat.

It's survived even lower Yaris times, so I'm hopeful that with the Yaris as the return vehicle to WRC and the subsequent GR cars making a little noise, we see more of a revival than death blow.

Anecdotally, I've seen more activity from new users lately than in quite some time. I selfishly like to think it's partly me driving traffic from my car's stellar Instagram account and partly from the aforementioned Yaris activity in the world.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:05 PM   #12
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
It's survived even lower Yaris times, so I'm hopeful that with the Yaris as the return vehicle to WRC and the subsequent GR cars making a little noise, we see more of a revival than death blow.

Anecdotally, I've seen more activity from new users lately than in quite some time. I selfishly like to think it's partly me driving traffic from my car's stellar Instagram account and partly from the aforementioned Yaris activity in the world.
You're not driving in traffic since registration appears to be one of the functions of the site currently broken. There has not been a new member in 2 months. What you are seeing is a few dormant members crawling out of the woodwork.

Without new members, it doesn't matter what new developments Toyota has in store, we will remain stagnant.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #13
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE

I'm still here!
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:42 PM   #14
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
You're not driving in traffic since registration appears to be one of the functions of the site currently broken. There has not been a new member in 2 months. What you are seeing is a few dormant members crawling out of the woodwork.

Without new members, it doesn't matter what new developments Toyota has in store, we will remain stagnant.
Interesting...

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:13 AM   #15
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
I sold all my Yarii except for my 2007 that my daughter and I work on together. But with life being a pain in the ass the car basically sat all summer and didn't do anything... Here's hoping next year is better!
Old 12-26-2019, 03:19 PM   #16
KALISPEL II

Drives: '22 Mazda CX-30 CE AWD 6-AT
Probably doesn't help either that an authentic new-model-year Toyota Yaris simply isn't available for purchase in the U.S./NA anymore. Buyers of the latest "Yaris" hatch or sedan in our market(s) really are better off at the Mazda2 (or Scion iA) forums.

This site is now just a slow-motion extinction event, until the lights finally do go out once & for all.

-
KALISPEL II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #17
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
Sold my 07 sedan, but the 01 Echo still keeps me going! I'll admit I haven't been here myself in a while and the traffic seems down There's a little bit of excitement for the WRC Yaris I keep reading about, but with any version of it likely not making it here in production and the Toyota-designed Yaris going extinct I'm afraid this forum will go the way of many others before it

I think the TireRack banner at the top will allow you to contribute financially if you buy something thru the link. I guess that's the only way to maybe keep the ship afloat a little while longer? Not sure if it will help, but I plan on getting some snow tires for the Echo in the next couple weeks and will go this route

Has anyone here purchased/leased the new 'Toyota' Yaris sedan or hatch? I actually think the hatch looks decent despite the grill and can see myself replacing the Echo with that in a couple years on the used market. Just curious what initial impressions are, but I will be heading to the Auto Show downtown in the next couple days to check one out in person!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:18 PM   #18
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Thankfully we still get the real Yaris here in Australia. Unfortunately, the local towbar manufacturers say the different rear bumper on the current Yaris means a towbar can't be fitted, so I will have to keep my current one for a while yet. The GR Yaris is claimed to be arriving here "Late in 2020", so here's hoping...