Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2020, 05:03 AM   #1
amypang

Drives: Toyota Yaris (XP150)
How to avoid forgot password

I always forget my passwords. Is there a way to sync passwords that are used on both Android and Windows. It's very complicated to keep all the Android and Windows passwords at once.
amypang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:49 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Are use passwords made up of family names combined with Easy to remember dates like the day I started working
Old 05-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
Snowplough

Drives: 2009 Yaris XP90 TR 1.33
I have a great system for generating passwords. Have you heard of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon? The idea that you can link the actor Kevin Bacon to any other actor in a few steps because he's been in so many films.

Just think of any actor and look up their 'Bacon number'. Password is their name, Bacon number and then shift+Bacon number to get a 'special character'. Bingo, you have a long password with a number and special character, and it's easy to remember because it's a person.

That doesn't help so much with syncing them up between platforms, but it will make them easier to remember because you remember which names you've used (hmm, was this one Morgan Freeman or Helen Mirren?). And if your workplace makes you change passwords periodically like mine, this will stop you running out of ideas.

I bet nobody on here can beat that as a most boring first post!
Snowplough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #4
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Be careful offering advice. We are not as anonymous on the net as we think we are and there are a lot of devious people out there who would love to know this kind of info. Don't offer them any clues.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:57 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
i just use 12345 everywhere

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:16 AM   #6
Snowplough

Drives: 2009 Yaris XP90 TR 1.33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
Be careful offering advice. We are not as anonymous on the net as we think we are and there are a lot of devious people out there who would love to know this kind of info. Don't offer them any clues.
That's why I picked actors that I used long ago for the example and only mentioned the system I use at work on a secure network. Good point though, should have specified how I was being careful.
Snowplough is offline   Reply With Quote