Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
chilly79

Drives: 09, 3dr, LB, Carmine Red
Power windows and locks on a 2009 3dr.

I got the kit from A1electric and planned on putting it in myself. I have done this on a few classic cars with other kits in the past. This one seems pretty easy but I opened up the door panel and found it already had some wires. I did some searches on here and found out the 2009 is prewired so that should be for my windows and locks. So my issue is I can’t find anything that tells me what the 5 wires in this connector do. Would I even be able to use the factory wires to set up the window and locks that comes in the A1 kit? Would I be able to wire it up and everything work or would I have to remove the wires from the ECM and put them in the brain that came with the lock kit? If not I think I will just run the wires that came with it.

The wires come out of the door with 7 wires then two split off to the speaker and the other 5 end at a connector about a foot above the speaker. There are no other wires in the door. The wire colors are purple, teal, black, white, then white with a black stripe. I know the white with a black stripe is the ground but not sure about the other 4. To me I don’t see how this is enough to wire the windows and locks. The locks are 5 wire and the windows have 2 plus the switches. Power and ground can have the same source but that leaves 3 wires left over for lock and window signals to the other door.
chilly79 is offline   Reply With Quote