Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Some pictures from this morning of the ride/SD landscape

Took a few pictures this morning of the ride. A couple modds since the time I took picture such as, Recaro seat, tinted fog lights yellow , Cf shorty anteana, and C-one style wing in Cf. Enjoy the pictures.
Attached Images

blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
too bad the sun glared your last two.... very nice though! I wish i had good scenic views like this to take pics...
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
What model seats are those Recaros? Do they lean back?
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
What model seats are those Recaros? Do they lean back?
Recaro pole posistion , they are fixed fiberglass buckets so they are approved for track use . They hold me in sooo good and I'm still using stock seat belts , waiting on a set of Takata harness's and they look amazing too.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Are you saying that non-bucket seats are NOT allowed for track use? There are alot of people on here who track their cars on the courses. Are they all using bucket seats?

That would limit me to just autocrossing because I want to keep the reclining capability. Thanks.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #6
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Are you saying that non-bucket seats are NOT allowed for track use? There are alot of people on here who track their cars on the courses. Are they all using bucket seats?

That would limit me to just autocrossing because I want to keep the reclining capability. Thanks.
I think aftermarket seats are okay for STS ONLY if they recline, but for STX you can do reclining or not. idk what class you're in, but that's what I remember from a few years back.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:50 AM   #7
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
idk if i'm feeling that grill. need tint.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:54 AM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
awesome, your car is rocking and continues to improve.

If you're racing with SpeedVentures.com or similar, you can use whatever seats you want.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:57 AM   #9
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
...and they told you no parking anytime! lol

nice pics though.. i miss SD =/
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #10
Thej3sta2

Drives: Soon to be LFA
pretty nice
Old 12-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #11
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
How do you get by with no front license plate? I thought they were required by law, like here in Texas...
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
DuckinOut
QUACK~!!!!!

Drives: Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to DuckinOut
the pics looks good

DuckinOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #13
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
idk if i'm feeling that grill. need tint.
Thanks, its the ebay copy of the toyota version D. grille . Will you stop it with the damn tint my car business man Lol ! I know the car will look a lot better with a light tint but You get fuct with more here in San Diego for tint than you do for no front plate here . Its a 250 dollar ticket + you have to remove the tint if they want to be a dick about it and if they want to be cool a 10 dollar fix it ticket+ removal of tint . Really not worth the 200+ for the tint , getting pulled over for tint , possible fine and removal of all tint.... Way toooo much time and hassle over some tint Imo and i'm really not a "tint guy" I've owned 10 cars and never got the windows tinted on any of them . On the other hand I will never put a front plate on my car. I'd rather get 20 "fix-it" tickets than rock that ugly piece of metal shit on my front bumper . On all 10 of my cars none had a front plate, thats how I roll Lol .
I still need to get a set of those cf mirror covers from you Garm , and a few other things.....
Old 12-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #14
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
I definately know how you feel about the front license plate. it's like a zit on a hot chick's forehead. no thanks.

but yah, you need tint.

and please spray paint the grill black, or atleast the borders of it and leave the center section chrome..

and i dont know if you plan on getting new headlights, but chrome to amber front turn signal bulbs really clean up the look of the headlights when looking at the car directly head on. every car of mine must have the chrome to amber turn signal bulbs just like it must have no front license plate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7507-...spagenameZWD1V

before

after

PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #15
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
I definately know how you feel about the front license plate. it's like a zit on a hot chick's forehead. no thanks.

but yah, you need tint.

and please spray paint the grill black, or atleast the borders of it and leave the center section chrome..

and i dont know if you plan on getting new headlights, but chrome to amber front turn signal bulbs really clean up the look of the headlights when looking at the car directly head on. every car of mine must have the chrome to amber turn signal bulbs just like it must have no front license plate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7507-...spagenameZWD1V

before

after

Yeah , I plan on doing like the lightest tint possible in the future , but not on the top to the list right now. Yeah Jeff (03z33) on the forum has this same grill on his yaris painted body color but he said it was a pain to find a body shop to strip it down to bare abs plastic and do a correct prep job so the paint would stick to it . He also has some of those chrome corner bulbs and they do make the hugest differnce in person , Those are on the list too. Btw your lifted taco is the shit man
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #16
kou

Drives: 08 lb
nice ride, but the wheels are to big for my taste.and not sure about the grill.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:05 AM   #17
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
nice ride, but the wheels are to big for my taste.and not sure about the grill.
Thanks man , I'm building it for show for the 2009 season hence the big rims(soon to be powder coated gold) Also doing a full "rs" kit early 09' with the centers of the front and rear bumper painted matt black w/ gold pin stripe. Very similar to how the paint on the front bumper of the newer vw golf's look .
Old 12-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #18
kou

Drives: 08 lb
sounds good, i am kind of stuck in one spot with my car, maybe after the intake manifold i will get inspired to do something with the front end.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote