Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
kosko
ALF

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatchback 5spd manual
Audio Help Please

I installed rear speakers in my 07 3dr hatchback a few weeks ago. I have had no problems since I did this, however just 2 days ago I began my install on the front (and wired the passenger side first). My commute is only about 45 minutes, and I had no problems on my way in to work listening to the radio, cd's or my IPOD.

The issue is that by the end of the day (on my drive home), I was listening to my IPOD through the AUX input and the sound just cut out... Confused I turned off the factory HU and unplugged my IPOD to see if anything would ork with just the radio, and it did come back on. The problem is that my HU turns on and functions but I don't get any sound, and then I do get sound, then sometimes it won't put out sound and other times it will but then shut off...

Anyone run into this problem or have suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!

I checked the fuse and it's fine, and I don't think I melted the HU since it still comes on and works sometimes (I double checked all of my wiring and its all perfect).

Please Help!
kosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
sounds like it's time to invest in aftermarket radio. the head unit in the factory radio is designed to work with the crappy speakers. you may have burned up some interior components of the radio by adding higher powered or higher ohmed speakers. trying to push more power than it's designed to for the speakers.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
kosko
ALF

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatchback 5spd manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
sounds like it's time to invest in aftermarket radio. the head unit in the factory radio is designed to work with the crappy speakers. you may have burned up some interior components of the radio by adding higher powered or higher ohmed speakers. trying to push more power than it's designed to for the speakers.
I was thinking this could be the problem, though I did not put anything crazy in for speakers... I wasn't looking to upgrade to any extreme power (mostly since I don't need it and didn't want to have to install an amp; call me lazy if you wish). Thanks for the info and I will start a search for a new HU...

Any recommendations for a HU that has the "factory/stock" look to it?
kosko is offline   Reply With Quote