Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #73
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyracer View Post
would a colder plug fool the ecu and it run richer and be able to create more power with toms controller i was always told to make more power more in and more out not just one have to have both or does the controller lean the car out and the colder plug account for the extra heat
I think you have a wrong idea how air - fuel - spark mixture works in regards to power.

More fuel is not equal to more power unless you have more air coming. That's why on forced induction you need more fuel since the turbo is pushing more air into the engine. The same theory applies to more fuel needs less spark to detonate that's why cold plugs are used.
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #74
pennyracer
boydstir

Drives: 08 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to pennyracer Send a message via Yahoo to pennyracer
but if its not a turbo like the yaris most have here i wonder what the deal is ?
pennyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #75
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyracer View Post
but if its not a turbo like the yaris most have here i wonder what the deal is ?
In my opinion these parts are not for stock yaris engines. These are parts designed to match other parts like a turbo setup.

If you are running stock or few mods like an upgraded intake and exhaust this is just waste of money for less power.
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #76
borozinski

Drives: Scion xB
I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. But, I was wondering if there has been anyone to test it out on the dyno? I'm kinda guessing that this product never caught on it's not worth anything. Either way just wanna know what the outcome of this was.
borozinski is offline   Reply With Quote