Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-31-2020, 10:44 PM   #1
l4d2mayhen

Drives: yaris
Issues with rear adjuster

Im kinda new here so i will be as detailed as possible.

So i replaced my brakes front and rear like 2 years ago, no issues with the front, the rear adjusters that came with the brake kit worked for a while then one of them doesn't move freely so i changed them both, few hours ago, rear adjusters turn backwards.The rear is a pain in the ass especially the auto adjusters. I keep losing rear brakes because the auto adjusters instead of expanding it contracts (the star wheel turns inside instead of turning outside), im not sure what causes it. It used to be both but i replaced both of them at the same time, same brand, left side automatically adjust, but right side starwheel still goes backwards. i need help because winter is coming and im exhausted with ideas on what causes this thing.

PS. I knew that i put them in the correct side and orientation, both of them has a stamp of L and R, and adjusters only go one way.

Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks
l4d2mayhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #2
ex-x-fire

Drives: 2010 yaris 3 door hatch
Sounds like they were stamped L-R wrong.
ex-x-fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #3
l4d2mayhen

Drives: yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-x-fire View Post
Sounds like they were stamped L-R wrong.
Thanks for the input but i bought another set from amazon and actually compared the L and R, they have the the same stamps but still starwheel still spinning backwards
l4d2mayhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
You need to find a way to get some pics of your brake install up. This is not making any sense.

Tags
adjusters, brakes, rear, rear brakes