Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
Replacing my aftermarket window tint.

Hopefully I'm not "asking for it"! When I bought my car new back in June 2008, I had the dealer use their mobile window tint company to tint my car windows. It's kind of a medium tint, I don't know the percentage. Even my 9 year old son asked if the windows were tinted. Over the last two years I decided it's too light. Looking back through the tint at an angle, like when making a lane change, the view through the tint is gray and not very clear. So tonight after work, I'm taking my car to a shop in Roseville (All About Tint - they did my wifes 09' Corolla and it looks great!) to have them remove the old tint and install something much darker for the rear windows. I'm seriously considering a lighter tint on the front windows even though I know it's illegal. I've not been pulled over in like 25 years (knock on wood) and I don't drive like a maniac, or try to draw attention to my car, so I maybe I'll fly under the 'radar'.

I've got an older "before" picture here somewhere taken from the side and I'll take an "after" picture and post them up. I'm not sure what my options are darkness-wise until I visit the shop tonight, should be interesting!
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote