Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
grampi

Drives: Corolla
If you ordered your Yari, how long did it take to arrive?

I'm thinking about ordering one.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #2

Drives: 07 yaris
depending on options 0-120 days, with fully loaded liftbacks taking the longest.

good luck
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
grampi

Really? 120 days is good chunk of time. Would a LB be considered fully loaded with the power package, cold weather package, rear spoiler, and fog lights? I'd hate to see how long it would take to get one if you started adding the really fancy accessories like the 18" tires and wheels, custom exhaust, etc.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
Really? 120 days is good chunk of time. Would a LB be considered fully loaded with the power package, cold weather package, rear spoiler, and fog lights? I'd hate to see how long it would take to get one if you started adding the really fancy accessories like the 18" tires and wheels, custom exhaust, etc.
not quite fully loaded, you would need ABS/Side Airbag option which is what slowed my order down.

mine took 3 or 4 weeks.
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
grampi

3 or 4 weeks isn't bad, but 120 days is a wait. One guy said his took 6 months. There'd be one dealership that would get dam sick of me if I had to wait 6 months for a car!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
Tougarashi

Drives: Absolute Red Yaris LB
It took 11 weeks...and it wasn't what I originally ordered..but good enough. I wanted a Yaris LB with the the power, convenience, all weather package...plus the spoiler, arm rest and fog lights. He told me 6-8 weeks..but After 11 weeks, it still wasn't on the built list...but my dealer found one that had just been shipped to a near dealership with all the packages but the accessories. He added the add arm rest and spoiler...but mentioned that it wouuld be too expensive to add the fog lights there and that I should have them added somewhere else. It definitely was worth the wait. It was so beautiful and shiny when I pulled into the lot and surprisingly they hadn't even washed it yet.
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Mine took over a year , but I ordered mine in 05 . It arrived in march 06 . You should be able to find what you need close by .
HTM Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #8
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
You should be able to find what you need close by .
I had a dealer do a nationwide search for a red LB with a 5 speed, power package, cold weather package, rear spoiler, and fog lights, and zilch, zip, notta. I would have to order one.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #9

Drives: 07 yaris
mine was a canceled order because it was the wrong blue and the cust had waited over 3mo for it, he did not want the blazing blue at all so he waited another 3mo. i worked at toyota for about a year and to this day they have never gotten a fully loaded LB in stock everything has been ordered, which was taking all their allocations.

i swoopped up mine as soon as i found out it was avilable
Old 06-01-2007, 02:31 AM   #10
lloe

Drives: Yaris auto 5-door hatchback
I had ordered one through a local dealer and they told me 8 weeks. So 8 weeks and no word from the dealership. I went and spoke to them and they said they didn't know when it would come in(I think they just didn't place it). I was a little upset that they didn't call me so I asked for my deposit back. About a month later another dealer called me and said they had everything I was looking for in a Yaris (color, 5 speed, anti-lock brakes, power package + everything else) for less than I was going to pay for the one I was going to order that had much less on it(5 speed & Power Package only). Anyway, long story short. It may be a while depending on what you want.
lloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #11
Thedunpeal

Drives: Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to Thedunpeal
man... I hope I can get the Yaris I want. Waited 18 years and not going to wait a week longer.
Thedunpeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
blueberry
Blueberry

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris RS liftback
i ordered my Yaris RS on the second week of june, and did'nt get it untill the 5 of september! manufacture date is 07/06 so mine hadnt even been on the assembly line at the time of my order, i ended up getting the RS cause i wanted the 60/40 split rear adjustable seats, which gave me alloy wheels,fog lights , power wondows keyless entry, 6-disk indash changer(not so great) and the rear spoiler, first 07 RS in the maritimes(so im told) but not the only one, love that damn car!!! fun as hell to drive!!!
blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #13
azncharm

Drives: 07 Yaris White LB A/T
1 Hour! Divine intervention, Id say First dealer said 2 weeks (1 in-stock, manual). Went to another dealer 10 miles away and they have the perfect color and options in their showroom (3 in-stock -- red, white manual, white auto -- latter is mine now).
azncharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #14
stellar

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I wanted a fully loaded liftback, and had it in about a week.
stellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
i'm still waiting for mine and it's been a little bit over three weeks. They keep saying end of this week.. well the end of the week is approaching, so we'll see. I'm getting the LB in blazing blue with power and convenience package.. should not be taking this long *sigh*
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #16
Alyssa
I've made a post!

Drives: Nissan Sentra
I have some questions regarding the cost of these special orders: It seems like some people are getting cars that are actually being built after they ordered them, while others are getting ones that dealers located elsewhere. I'm wondering what the difference in cost is? Either way, I'd be interested in knowing how much someone paid for this service and if there was a big transportation fee on top of that.

Also, I went to one of those "build your own" sites. All I wanted was a Yaris Base sedan, which I know goes for about $12K, according to the MSRP. Why is it that a "package" of $600-$800 got automatically added on to it. In this package were things like tires and a CD player. Well, I recognize that a car needs tires, but I wouldn't think that this would be a mandatory add-on. And how can a CD player be bundled in with in? You don't need one of those to run the car! I don't get it. (A shipping/relocating fee was automatically added in, as well, and when all was said and done the car ended up being about $14K.)
Alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
amt135a

Drives: 3D LB
its worth the weight

it was little over three weeks for me here in Texas for a fully loaded meteor metallic one
amt135a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #18
nick1983

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
Mine took 3 months. It was well worth the wait.
nick1983 is offline   Reply With Quote