Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-22-2020, 04:16 PM   #1
maxifam

Drives: Yaris 2010 sedan
Manual door locks

Hello. I bought a used 2010 base model
Yaris 4 door sedan. Love the car already. BUT. It has no power locks or windows, which is fine. There are keyholes on both front drivers and passenger handles, to open the car. But none on the rear doors, so in order to open them, you have to reach in sideways and push on the inside handle lock button to open. Very annoying to have to do this all around the car wehn people want to open all 4 doors. Is this how it works, or am I missing a master button or setting somewhere. I've always had cars with power locks so I'm not used to this. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by maxifam; 06-22-2020 at 05:11 PM.
maxifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Insert key in driver's side lock. Turn to the right once to unlock that door, turn to the right twice to unlock all doors.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:14 PM   #3
maxifam

Drives: Yaris 2010 sedan
But they are not power locks. If I just turn to the right once, and then go back to the left to turn to the right again, it just locks and unlocks again.
maxifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I think you're stuck with the inconvenience. =(

I recently took the doors off a sedan with manual locks. You'd need to replace the latch mechanism, add wire harnesses inside the doors, change the switch assembly on the driver's door and add the button to the e-brake area. Not sure if there's other changes at the junction or relay panels but that's also a possibility.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:32 AM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
A lot of people use those cheap $25 to $40 USD door lock actuator kits on amazon. You might want to look them up there. Shouldn't be too hard to install. I don't think you'll have factory options, like one press of the unlock button only unlocks the driver's door. Power locks would only work with the fob too, but you can wire up an interior switch to some of those kits. I think it's all or nothing. Sounds like it that won't really matter to you though.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:48 PM   #6
Ranger SVO

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Using one of those Universal Lock kits on Amazon would be difficult to install on the Yaris and even harder to make it reliable. Forget it. If you don't believe me pull a door panel off and look.

My 2010 Yaris is a base model. I bought my factory lock motors from a local wrecking yard. I bought the rear hatch lock motor from a member here enviri many years ago (2012 or 2013 I don't remember).

I hooked everything up to my alarm/remote start. No button inside.

Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
Giordano Bruno
Ranger SVO is offline   Reply With Quote