Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #19
Rahxephon

Drives: Vitz RS
I need an ADVICE!

So after I updated this thread on September 17th, 2007, I received this email from Collin Herbers:
"It is my understanding that you picked up your vehicle last Friday (Sept 14) and that you have reviewed all the repair issues with Lodi . Through those discussions you have been made aware of the fact that we did use the proper paint color/code and that we were not responsible for the dent & spot in on your right quarter panel (as a result of someone else’s workmanship the color did not match!).

According to Lodi , you are now happy with the repairs and she made it clear to you that we are expecting a complete and full retraction on:

1. www.yarisworld.com
2. www.flagdeals.com
3. www.canadiandriver.com
4. and any other websites.

The reputation of our Company is very important to us and something that we take very seriously. I am now requesting that you complete the full retractions by Sunday, September 23/07. I would also ask that you forward me an email confirming that this has been completed. Failure to do so will result in Herbers Autobody pursuing all legal avenues available to us to protect our reputation.

What does he mean by “full retractions”? Does he want me to delete all the threads I started completely? The truth is the part where they did not initially replace the broken retainers remains true. (The part where I was convinced that my car rear bumper supposed to be loose and wobbly remains true). The part where they have pacific blue metallic and 8R3 as the colour and colour code of my car (on the estimation sheet and the final invoice) remains true; I still keep those papers as evidences. The part where they had my car for more than 3 weeks, the last time, remains true. The part where the creaking noises weren’t fixed and weren’t there before, and still show up now and then remains true. Et cetera…

I was treated and intimidated badly by Graham – so bad that I rushed myself out Herbers, that I forgot to check that the touchup paint bottle was not sealed, and ended up spilled the paint on the front seat of the car.

So what should I do now? Should I just delete this thread and get over it? (It seems like a logical thing to do, but I don’t feel right.) I feel like the update that I made 2 days ago suffice. I feel like they’re threatening and intimidating me again – the same kind of feeling that I had when Graham told me the Yaris bumper supposed to be loose and wobbly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Rahxephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
koffey27
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Silver Toyota Yaris
Did you ever figure out what the front creaking was from? My husband and I both have 2007 Yaris' and they both are making the same creaking noise and the dealership cannot figure it out.
koffey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #21
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
lmao...first post = thread from the dead......

if a liftback was hit from the rear.....I would suggest looking at the third-door striker plate and see if it might be out of adjustment....

that metal hook that is in the bottom-middle of the door jamb when you open the door
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote