Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #55
Master
Hella Smart

Drives: Lexus IS300
dunno, some guy at the dealership
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #56
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
the dealership said next week here in texas

I called BS and he hung up

oh well
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #57
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
the dealership said next week here in texas

I called BS and he hung up

oh well
Just talked to my dealership. They might have finally told me the truth. That the first shipment which will be allocated to dealerships in the next two weeks are 4 door sedans. That the 3 door hatchback comes on the second shipload of ships. Which should be arriving at port around the 1st or April.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #58
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Does anyone know?....

Can anyone out there tell me if there is a way I can find out when my dealership actually ordered my car from the factory? I ordered it 2 weeks ago and since then my sales guy has quit and now another sales guy is telling me it has to be ordered directly from Japan...my old sales guy supposedly did that 2 weeks ago already or so I thought.

Is there any kind of document I can ask to see that will confirm when they actually ordered my car? I know that when I paid my deposit on March 2, the old sales guy showed me an 'allocation' type form he was going to fill out and send to Japan because they were 'building' a Yaris at that time that would then be reserved for me.

I hope someone knows something out there...THANK YOU in advance for any info!
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:43 PM   #59
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Munchkin
Can anyone out there tell me if there is a way I can find out when my dealership actually ordered my car from the factory? I ordered it 2 weeks ago and since then my sales guy has quit and now another sales guy is telling me it has to be ordered directly from Japan...my old sales guy supposedly did that 2 weeks ago already or so I thought.

Is there any kind of document I can ask to see that will confirm when they actually ordered my car? I know that when I paid my deposit on March 2, the old sales guy showed me an 'allocation' type form he was going to fill out and send to Japan because they were 'building' a Yaris at that time that would then be reserved for me.

well, sounds like you can order the spec of your car and they are going to build it...???
i wonder if that also apply to ordering something more like the jdm models...
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #60
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Yeah, when i ordered my Yaris on March 2, I was told it had been allocated at the factory in Japan (because there were none in Canada that matched what I wanted) and that the paperwork was being processed to "reserve" that one in production for me. Now it sounds like it was never reserved and my original sales guy is not at the dealership anymore. Is there someway the "new" sales guy can prove to me when my car was ordered so I know that it actually was ordered March 2? If it wasn't, now means I may have a 2-3 week longer wait than was promised when I ordered. Something just feels fishy...any suggestions out there?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #61
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
Quote:

Mad Munchkin,

Call to Country Hills and ask to speak to a sales manager. I ordered my Yaris at Country Hills too and I find that the sales manager always has the information about the vehicle.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #62
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Hey hoahmaru...thanks for the advice but this second sales guy IS one of the two 'new vehicle sales managers'. He's on their website...initials AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:58 AM   #63
foober

Quote:
Hey hoahmaru...thanks for the advice but this second sales guy IS one of the two 'new vehicle sales managers'. He's on their website...initials AM.
mad munchhkin, from what I've found with dealerships so far it seems they'll tell you what you'd like to hear. Or try and pass the problem off on someone else. Or they'll say everything is just fine when they have no idea. Basically it sounds like dealerships are in teh dark and at the mercy of what toyotas plans are. Which may not have much to do with what a customer wants. Just my two cents. Good luck. I'm waiting myself for my yaris. I hope to maybe get one within two weeks to the end of this year. All I know is I want my 3 door hatchback bad.

Last edited by foober; 03-18-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #64
St.Francis

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback, Manual
Thumbs up

I received a call from one of my friends who works at a local dealership (Georgia )that they received TWO 3door liftbacks at 4PM. I quickly got there to find one sold and another awaiting delivery. I was able to drive it and do a walk around......the build quality is an upgrade from the Echo, the ride is smooth and it is roomy. I officially have found my new car!
The Yaris is going to be a hot seller for sure.
St.Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:26 AM   #65
hhcchen

everyone, please bring your camera to the dealers...
and take some snaps of the new yaris...
so we can see some pictures of the usdm yaris...
instead of keep on seeing ones from other country...
Old 03-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #66
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Francis
I received a call from one of my friends who works at a local dealership (Georgia )that they received TWO 3door liftbacks at 4PM. I quickly got there to find one sold and another awaiting delivery. I was able to drive it and do a walk around......the build quality is an upgrade from the Echo, the ride is smooth and it is roomy. I officially have found my new car!
The Yaris is going to be a hot seller for sure.
Is this what I understand what you wrote that the yaris's arrived on that lot at 4pm on a saturday. If thats so then there is some hope. As usual my dealership is lying to me. He said that the hatchbacks wouldn't be coming till the second shipment in April.

I emailed spokane washinton, missoula montana and cour delane idaho. Cour delane idaho says they're getting a shipment of 30 or so hatchbacks in a week. Hopefully the guy is telling the truth.

Last edited by foober; 03-19-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #67
St.Francis

I was able to take a couple of pics with my camera phone last night and finally upoaded them. Here they are...better late than never

Old 03-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #68
hhcchen

good pics...
you are the first one posting usdm yaris pic...
it would be better if you also took the pic of window sticker...
Old 03-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #69
foober

thanks st. francis, great pics. Its like the first photos of a big foot. Rare sighting.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #70
St.Francis

The Yaris was a 1422(automatic,liftback)= $11,850
with the CQ pkg(convenience package)= $630
Destination fee= $635
Fuel Surcharge $23
50 State Emissions-FEAT $0
Southeast Toyota Distributor Plus-FP50 $0
* Certified Technician 46 Point
* Final Quality Inspection
* Picture Asset Program
MSRP = $13,138
Old 03-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #71
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
Is it a 1.5L?
Old 03-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #72
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33dY
Is it a 1.5L?
Yes, that's the only engine choice we get in North America...
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote