Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
clfile

Drives: spyder
question on Fog light

I got the OEM look Fog light off from ebay, but I have no Idea where this connecter should connect to, can you guys help me on this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (63.9 KB, 211 views)
clfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
A little off topic,but I was thinking about purchasing the Fogs from ebay, which one did you purchase and did they come with instructions. I think I saw 2 or 3 different kinds.
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
hey i got those also if there the ones from pro parts. Those two wires are for power i believe the white one is for the on button and the red is for the fog lights, so what I did, is cut the ends off and sauder the two wire together to make and extra long wire and place an adapter on the end where you connect it to the battery, and there will be light, just ground the two wires to do good spot. I got the direction in a word format but when then from teh compnay it still kind of off. hope that helps.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriaan
hey i got those also if there the ones from pro parts. Those two wires are for power i believe the white one is for the on button and the red is for the fog lights, so what I did, is cut the ends off and sauder the two wire together to make and extra long wire and place an adapter on the end where you connect it to the battery, and there will be light, just ground the two wires to do good spot. I got the direction in a word format but when then from teh compnay it still kind of off. hope that helps.

no fuse?
no switch?

sounds like a hack job to me!
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by clfile
I got the OEM look Fog light off from ebay, but I have no Idea where this connecter should connect to, can you guys help me on this?

probably connects to the oem wiring harness in the car! not sure if the wiring is there on vehicles without fogs from the factory though...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
clfile

Drives: spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMondayNite
A little off topic,but I was thinking about purchasing the Fogs from ebay, which one did you purchase and did they come with instructions. I think I saw 2 or 3 different kinds.
I got mine from procarparts on ebay, it come with 1 page instructions, but that instruction doesn't help much on the installation.
clfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
the fog light kit comes with a fuse and relay, oem switch. It's complete. The instructions that come with it lights aren't thr right one for it. It doesn't connect to the oem harness. It just an oem looks to teh aftermarket fog lights you get at any car parts store.

here the instructions that are suppose to go with it but i find there still not 100% right

Hope this helps a bit more.

Download the original attachment

Toyota Yaris Liftback / Coupe Fog Light Install Instruction

By Eric Zhang

Alfa Otto Installation Service Department

Tools:

10mm socket

Socket wrench

Philip screw driver

Flat head screw driver

1. taking off bumper and installing fog lights
1. Remove the small black clips on the top of the bumper by push down the center part of the clip then pull the whole clip out.
2. Remove the same kind of clip on the side of the bumper where it meets the fender.
3. Use the 10mm socket to remove the bolts on the bottom of the bumper. Remember which bolts goes to where. Not all of them are the same.
4. Carefully pull the bumper off start from the side, it is better to have another person to help you pull the bumper off.
5. Remove the original fog light covers, push them out from the back of the bumper.
6. Put the new fog light cover in from the front of the bumper.
7. Mount the fog light onto the back of the bumper. There is a hole already drilled on each side of the mounting location, but on the other side, there are no holes, use a .30mm or smaller drill bit to drill a hole on each of the points without any opening for the screw. Smaller holes help secure the screw better.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

2. now for the interior part
1. Take out the switch panel in the center console. Located right below the E-brake/handbrake.
2. Put the fog light switch into one of the open slots.

3. Pull out the carpet under the glove department.
4. You should be able to see a thick black wire coil attach to the floor. Cut a hole big enough to push the positive terminal wire and the fog light harness connection wire thru that hole.
5. The wires will come out from the engine bay near the header. the opening is quite low so you need to reach all the way down to grab the wires. ::don’t do this part if you just came back from a drive, it burns if you accidentally touch the headerL::
6. Connect the positive red wire to the positive terminal on the battery.
7. Connect the fog light harness connection to the side the closes to where the other fog light harness is located. (It is better to have the fog light connection connect at the passenger side since you have much more place to work with.
8. Connect the interior harness ground wire to the bolt closest to the thick black wire coil.

9. Connect the exterior harness ground wire to the bolt under the washer bottle.

10. Plug in the switch to the interior harness.
11. Check to see if the fog lights turn on.

3. clean up

1. Secure all loose exterior wires, so they are not all loose inside the engine bay.
2. Run the interior wires under the center console.
3. Use zip ties to secure all the loose wires in the interior harness.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote