Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
OEM Toyota Yaris / Vitz RS conversion

Hey guys, I just wanted your opinion. I was at my local Toyota dealership (here in the Philippines) and apparently they now stock the complete Yaris / Vitz RS bumpers, grills and lights etc.

To make my regular Yaris / Vitz into the RS will cost me, in your money about U$1400 including fitting and painting. The parts include the bumpers, grills, new taillights, new wiring harness sections for the LED tail lights, new rear foglights, spoiler and some minor brackets for the OEM foglights (you use the old one but with a different bracket and housing surround). I can post up the complete list with part numbers and prices in Php in case someone would like that info.

But what do you all think? I'm planning on doing a modular approach. Get the front end first (all in for less than 300 U$D) plus the spoiler which absurdly enough costs U$D250 here, painted and fitted, then get the rears after maybe a month (gotta wait for the next paycheck lol). Initial outlay would be U$D550 for the front end RS bumper and spoiler. The rears cost much more, primarily because the tail lights are about U$D120 each, which really drives up the price.

I'm trying to manage the cost as I'm planning on getting some more parts from Garm next month too hehehehehe

TIA!
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Sounds great to me because the body kit that i want from Garm is $1400 usd and that is without paint the JDM bumper supports (which is need here in the US). Maybe wait for some one else to chime in too!
Old 08-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
check echo_hrs..he did it..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
Thanks! I'll probably order it when I get back from Singapore on the 17th. I'll be checking out Garage-R / HKS Singapore first as I might find goodies there for my two Toyotas so I'll be holding onto my cash uhtil then lol :)
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
toyota
SRacer

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to toyota
yeah, look around more, because to
me that's quite some money...
sometimes it's cheaper in other
countries...just shop around....

Learn The Truth about Six Pack Fast!
toyota is offline   Reply With Quote