Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 AM   #1
ismo
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4D TS 2010
Oil consumption

Hi, I have an October 2010 Yaris 1.4 D-4D TS in Spain and since I bought it consumes more oil than usual, after the first service, which already warned me that had consumed more oil than normal, has oil to fill it been twice before the second's next maintenance has 30.000km. The first time I filled the oil they said it was a defect in the engine and had to change the motor, the turbo and turbo vacuum pump. And now tell me that you have to look oil consumption, which up to 1 liter per 1000km is normal.

The truth is that Toyota has disappointed me a lot, I had a good brand. And by poor design or not knowing what the problem left me lying.
ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Its not "normal" although dealers for years have gotten away with that claim.

Ask the dealer how many cars use a quart of oil in 600 miles when new. Its not manny!

Tell them youre going on the interent with this.

Take them to small claims court like the bitch with the hybrid Honda that got 28 mpg.

Trade it in when you see 0% FINANCING.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
muffin_top

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5MT
Always blaming "The Dealer"..

I wish people would stop and think about how "The Dealer" makes money. An engine rebuild is big $$, why would they want to turn this down? The person(s) involved in the decision process on an engine oil consumption issue are at the manufacturer level.

That being said, all car manufacturers have consumption guidelines. Toyota is in line with others at 1 US Quart every 1000 miles. The good news is that very few Toyota vehicles have this issue unless they have been poorly maintained or very high miles.

Ismo, what is the oil change interval on your engine?
muffin_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
pjon

Drives: Yaris Icon+ 1.33 vvti
I'm in the U.K., so my November 2010 Yaris D-4D will, I'm sure have the same service intervals as the OP's.
The oil and filter change interval is 10000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first.
My engine, from new, has used nil oil at all between changes. I do change oil and filter between official service intervals (6 months).
I wonder if the OP's engine has the incorrect grade of oil, i.e. 0W-30 and it's unsuitable for the higher ambient temperatures in Spain?
My car had 5W- 30 semi-synthetic from the factory and that grade has been used by the servicing dealer and myself. 0W-30 is listed as o.k. for the U.K.
pjon is offline   Reply With Quote