Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2022, 09:56 AM   #1
evil nick

Drives: 2016 yaris l
Hello All - First post - alternator questions

So we have a 2016 yaris l hatchback

didnt want to start the other day but I figured maybe we just left the door cracked and the light drained the battery. It was turning over but just wouldnt start. Then I thought I flooded it a bit and just waited. Eventually it did start but I brought it to the zone to test the battery, which tested fine but they said the charging failed so more than likely the alternator. I figured my old carollas alt died around the same time, 110K.

I am flabergasted at
1) how expensive the alt was for this car, 400$ +
2) how difficult it is to get. no store has them and they all have to be ordered

I hit rock and found a rebuilt for 100$ and going by the pic and engine code, 1NZFE, it should work so fingers crossed.

My question is, is the 2016 an off year? It does seem when I go to find accessories or parts for the car most go from 2005-2015 then 2017 on. It seems almost everywhere leaves the 2016 out and its making it a bit difficult to get things.

Anyway that was one question my next is, going by the year is there a good place to find parts for this car? Im trying to find a rebuild kit to rebuild the old one to have as a spare instead of getting the small core charge back but its near impossible. Im once again stuck seeing all the kits stop at 2015.

Thanks
evil nick is offline   Reply With Quote