Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #37
Lizardboy
Mmmmm, twisties!

Drives: 07 Red Yaris S & 95 Miata
I have to agree with the others. Just take it to the dealer. It's their responsibility. If that doesn't fix all of your problems then you should take advantage of any lemon laws if available. From reading all of the posts on this forum and others, this is a pretty well built little car. You may have just gotten that one rotten apple in the bunch.

FWIW, I just bought my fully loaded, red, sedan S yesterday. We have under 300 miles on it right now. Yesterday, we drove it up to Big Bear in 100 degree temperatures and I had to turn the AC down a little because it was too cold and even with the AC on it handled the climb up to Big Bear just fine. I just down shifted and it had plenty of power and torque. I was actually surprised by that. All that's good considering I work in Palm Springs where it's been over 100 degrees since probably April. This weekend it's supposed to peak out at around 115 out there! I can't speak on the gas mileage yet since after all that driving yesterday with the AC on and climbing a big mountain, we've only used 1/8th of a tank! Rock on Shaka Khan!

Good luck, and don't give up on the Yaris yet.
Lizardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #38
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
i live here in Louisiana and it's around 100 degrees with about 80% humidity so it's f'n hot here... and my a/c is still working great... 2door liftback, no tint.... works great! and i love my car

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:41 PM   #39
Lizardboy
Mmmmm, twisties!

Drives: 07 Red Yaris S & 95 Miata
Ohhhh, I feel for ya Eight! It's funny! They tell me out in Palm Springs, when it's over 100, "At least it's a dry heat!" LOL! I lived in Kansas for a few years when I was a kid. Humidity SUCKS!!!
Lizardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:24 AM   #40
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
well, i was trying to say that tinted windows will make your Air Conditioning more effective..if it's not working to begin with then you got problems

Remember, though, this isn't a Lexus. It's the cheapest Toyota vehicle made and may not satisfy everyone..
TRD_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #41
bpreston

Drives: 2007 Yaris (Black)
I live in Phoenix AZ and my Yaris's A/C is cooling very well in 105+ degree days (and my car is black). I would take it in and have it checked out. Gas mileage using the A/C is likely to be less than the advertised. Unlike you folks north of the border, I am waiting for the weather to cool down to pick up an extra 3-4 miles a gallon(US).
bpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #42
dbaxter
Evil Kitty

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback A4 AB/Red
No problems here, Atlanta GA, 95-100 outside with not horrible humidity and the A/C I can run with recirc on set at 2 and its just fine. At 4 its actually to cold for me.

Sounds like a problem A/C unit :( It happens to the cheapest and most expensive cars ).

Power, well like was posted above, its a Yaris not a Porsche :D Hell if it only had two wheels it would be a scooter ;)
www.purplegto.com
01 Camaro SS Convertible SLP#1331
http://www.2001CamaroSS.com
dbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:41 AM   #43
DonnyRebel
1st Time Toyota Owner

Drives: 2007 Meteorite Yaris Liftback
nice "other rides"

Check out my SSR and Corvette at CarDomain.com (DonnyRebel)
DonnyRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:27 PM   #44
robcrowell

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Had mine for 2 months, but 4,100 miles on it. That's over 2,000 a month. NO PROBLEMS! Hope it continues!

I get an average of 41/42 MPG. I use the car for work, do a lot of starting and restarting. Actually turning the car off, then back on, as I visit around 30 clients a day. Love it!!!
robcrowell is offline   Reply With Quote