Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
Working at Volkswagen

So I'm gonna be sorta away from yw.com for a while I started working at Volkswagen, Acura, and Kia as a porter and close to the mechanics.

I already drove a couple cool cars including the Acura TL type-S, some +'s of working are I get 30% off on any parts for those three car companies(to bad its not toyota) . Also Im getting paid good so, unfortunatley I will be leaving the community soon because the Yaris is not doing much for me, and another car will be coming soon. W/e this is the off topic thread and I thought it was cool that im working at a car dealership and all the guys i work with are tuners very JDM guys.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
Dam* it sucks 2 see leave yw. The gas prices are going to skyrocket this summer. Of course the yaris isn't a fast car. That is why you go to make it fun. What are you going to get?? Your lucky you get to get wholesale cars... Well good luck..
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
wow well, that's certainly going to be some really good experience, man!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
I get discount thru america cars :'( (GM, Ford, Chrysler)

I wish I had Toyota too..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
elsteverino889

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponrcamry View Post
Dam* it sucks 2 see leave yw. The gas prices are going to skyrocket this summer. Of course the yaris isn't a fast car. That is why you go to make it fun. What are you going to get?? Your lucky you get to get wholesale cars... Well good luck..

Well most ppl know im a big SRT-4 fan, so I will most likely lean towards a 04-05 SRT-4, now that I work at a dealership I can get a used one and get the mechanics to look at it that are my friends and get a major discount for it and a good trade in for my car.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
keep the yaris!!!
play with it, ur toy car.

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #7
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
SRT-4
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #8
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
The the srt-4s's aren't that bad. Stock turbo. They get a ton of love. Plus it is a rare car, and if you keep it in good condition, you'll get more money in the long run. Oh yea it gets pretty good gas mileage 22 city, 30 highway, but Im pretty sure that will change with the mods your getting. LOL
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #9
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
I've always like the Neons, despite all the haters, and the SRT-4 is the mother of them all!

But you're gonna be a "porter"? Isn't that the guy that totes luggage in a hotel???

~YR
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #10
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponrcamry View Post
The the srt-4s's aren't that bad. Stock turbo. They get a ton of love. Plus it is a rare car, and if you keep it in good condition, you'll get more money in the long run. Oh yea it gets pretty good gas mileage 22 city, 30 highway, but Im pretty sure that will change with the mods your getting. LOL
There is no car out there holding its value like a Yaris right now... that is, if you haven't messed with it to the point it is unrecognizable.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
I've always like the Neons, despite all the haters, and the SRT-4 is the mother of them all!

But you're gonna be a "porter"? Isn't that the guy that totes luggage in a hotel???

~YR
worse all they do is wash cars, take out trash, and do all the bitch work around the dealership
Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
elsteverino889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
worse all they do is wash cars, take out trash, and do all the bitch work around the dealership
Black you werent man enough to return my message so why do u have to come and call me a bitch on my post like ur a little hard ass...porters dont do the bitch work. we wash the cars and we drive and drop them off the cars to customers and we fill up some of the cars with gas at the end of the weak. no trash is involved or slave work. Trust me all I do is drift around with awsome cars and chill with cool cars.

Regarding the SRT-4 it will go up in price soon because they were only 3 years of production and most of all its a fun car to drive.

But me and Chino had a nice talk yesterday so i may be stayin in the yaris family but i may be attempting to put a scion xB greddy turbo kit within the next 4-6 months.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
So you're a glorified valet... do you at least get tips? Or is the only tip you need being "close to the mechanics"?
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #14
elsteverino889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typer73 View Post
So you're a glorified valet... do you at least get tips? Or is the only tip you need being "close to the mechanics"?
Trust me no tips lol, i dont really care bcuz i wouldnt want to tip me either for just driving it like 500 feet. its just a cool experience, wash a couple cars and then drive others around the dealership. the other day on a slow day i learned how to drive stick in a GTI.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Is this a joke?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:30 AM   #16
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsteverino889 View Post
Black you werent man enough to return my message so why do u have to come and call me a bitch on my post like ur a little hard ass...porters dont do the bitch work. we wash the cars and we drive and drop them off the cars to customers and we fill up some of the cars with gas at the end of the weak. no trash is involved or slave work. Trust me all I do is drift around with awsome cars and chill with cool cars.

Regarding the SRT-4 it will go up in price soon because they were only 3 years of production and most of all its a fun car to drive.

But me and Chino had a nice talk yesterday so i may be stayin in the yaris family but i may be attempting to put a scion xB greddy turbo kit within the next 4-6 months.

keep the yaris and stay away from the srt4. i traded my '05 srt4 for the yaris and i have no regrets at all. dodge dealerships suck. they will not warranty anything and make excuses as to how "you" damaged the car.

i didn't get a fuel injector replaced under warranty because i had a mopar bov, now how the fuck those a bov damage and injector???

dodge sucks ass. and the srt4 was nothing but problems. i have a folder full of repair orders that were accumulated in less then 15k miles.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:30 AM   #17
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
There is no car out there holding its value like a Yaris right now... that is, if you haven't messed with it to the point it is unrecognizable.
oh hush...

good thing im keepin this thing
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #18
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
............../´¯/)............(\¯`\
............/....//..............\\....\
.........../....//................\\....\
...../´¯/..../´¯\.........../¯`\....\¯`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......_|.\....\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(.\....)....)....).)
.\................\/.../....\...\/................/
..\................. /........\................../
....\..............(............)............../
......\.............\.........../............./

I love my Yaris

Last edited by YamilR; 05-05-2007 at 08:45 PM.
YamilR is offline   Reply With Quote