Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
bewley

Drives: 2010 Liftback
My 2010 Liftback; Feels like I just gave birth!

I am so delighted to announce the arrival of my new (barely used) 2010 manual liftback with 8100 miles on it! Many of you can sympathize with the fact that I have coveted this model since its inception, and even the echo before it.

After driving it for several hours today, I couldn't be happier. I've been driving an amazing 1996, 4 cylinder geo metro hatchback for the last four years, and before that, a type 3 vw fastback, so you can imagine how much power I feel this baby has by comparison! The metro and fastback were amazing rides but I never even felt like speeding in either car (the metro was so loud at 70 mph and driving the fastback was like driving a motor boat on the highway). Believe me, I've also owned cars that have driven me, mainly a bmw 535i and a maxima); neither was as fun to drive. I'm a hypermiler (not pathologically/unsafely so) and I'm worried I'll be tempted to go faster and thus less efficiently in this, which is why my first and possibly only mod will be cruise control (the car came with the power package, keyless entry, and an alarm). I'm terrified to take the airbag out (I'm a chick and I'm kinda a little daft at anything more extreme than an oil change, not that I should blame my ignorance on my chickishness). If anyone in the Northeast would want to help me install it, i'd be happy to pay you for your time. I'd love to be present though and kinda do it with you, if that's possible. PM me if you have the time and interest. I'll of course drive to you (all I want to do is drive this thing, after all). Thanks for reading, and also thanks for all of the amazing posts that compelled me even further to get a Yaris. You guys are great! I'm so happy with this purchase!
bewley is offline   Reply With Quote