Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-11-2023, 08:15 AM   #415
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpster View Post
I've been eyeing all these 2zr swap threads and think my time has come: My 07 HB's auto transmission finally gave up the ghost (250k og miles, stuck in neutral/drive) and I am heavily considering this swap with my eye on a donor 09 XD that has a manual. So it'll be a double swap for me: 1NZ>2ZR & Auto>Man.

I had a couple questions that weren't quite clear from reading the thread:

1. ABS / Speed signal - Will I need to move over ABS from the XD to get the right speed signals to the ECM? The Yaris has no ABS.

2. Axles - If I'm swapping to the XD trans, I assume I can reuse the Yaris axles?

Thanks!
To answer questions #2: technically yes, but I had binding issues on the front left axle, it turned out to be too long with the new engine. I solved this by using a '98 tercel axle which was an inch shorter but the splines all matches up.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:47 PM   #416
rpster

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
To answer questions #2: technically yes, but I had binding issues on the front left axle, it turned out to be too long with the new engine. I solved this by using a '98 tercel axle which was an inch shorter but the splines all matches up.
Looks like this is a relatively easy part to get, thanks for the insight!

I also did more research on the speedo sensor: The C50 on the XD can have a speed sensor added, meaning I wouldn't need to move over the ABS just to have a speed signal!

The only other question is if the driven gear for the speed sensor is already installed or not. I'm planning to open up the donor transmission anyways for inspections so here's to hoping it's already in place.
rpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 03:14 PM   #417
tayxas

Drives: 2008 dailycross beater on B14s
I noticed that the OP says RH and LH mounts. However, if keeping the transmission, shouldn't the Yaris transmission mount work?

Also is the RH mount different for auto and manual?

Another thing...anyone know how to contact Armstrong? Seems like all the links are dead and all of his pages are gone.
tayxas is offline   Reply With Quote