Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2023, 08:35 PM   #1
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
exhaust stuff

ok, so im looking for input on a replacement for the stock muffler, that is smaller in overall shape and size as well as just as "quiet"..keeping the quiet is the key here

i have a full stainless 2.25 no cat no res setup ready to go on the car but have no muffler for it...and i am NOT looking for a performance mufler

now that ive got you confused.....let me clarify

im building a dual exhaust setup but with a butterfly valve in the setup, the plan is that the butterfly will force everything thru a super quiet muffler, but when open would bypass that to the straight thru cans of the dual setup

i have all of the pieces in fact i just need to source a good ultra quiet SMALL can....i was going to see about re-useing a stocker but there just isnt enough space to fit it all
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 02:05 AM   #2
Ecefour

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
No advice here, but as someone who knows very little about exhaust systems, can I ask why you’re installing a dual exhaust on a yaris? Is it just aesthetics? Won’t you still be limited by the size of your exhaust manifold?

I have seen some dual exhaust setups on the yaris and they do looks really awesome. I wish you luck
Ecefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:07 AM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
In my day many years ago, I worked on air, cooled Volkswagens, back in the 60s and 70s and 80s. They were many modifications like oil filters, four barrel carburetors, one for each pair of cylinders, “extractor“ exhausts“ and the like.

I was a strictly stock man. A Volkswagen was an economy car. Not a race car. It worked just fine just as it was. I wanted a car that would get me from point a to point B as cheaply as possible.

In my view, these modifications were more bizarre than anything else. But it’s human nature to want something better than the next guy has.

“Sigh”
Old 04-28-2023, 01:58 PM   #4
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
ive got a matching header to go with the pipes so its all gains

bronsin i totaly get that i really do, but at that same time, if you could make it a lil more fun..why not right?...personaly its very hard to leave anything "stock" ever since i got my license in 91..mod it mod it mod it!...my 58 ford is about as stock as anything in my assortment gets, of course...its also got all the factory goodies, but i did swap out the front spindles for disc brakes which also got me a 2inch drop

the reason tho to go dual while being asthetic is that 1 side will run the "shhh" mode thru the silenced can, the other side will run un muffled straight thru

the new routing will be modified after the axle, turning to the drivers side passing a valve and going into the shhhhh muffler then turn and out thru the other can and tip, while the valve goes out thru a flow thru and tip in the stock local
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote