Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #361
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
He won't give out any info on my project. His been part of my build for 5 years and some of the things we have done is known only to us. Like Ive said some things we keep to our selves.
Why?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #362
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Not interisted in giving out all my details on a forum for others to decide if what I've done is worth the effort. Or if it meets their standard or ajendas. You guys don't get to know everything somethings are just that, private.

Sorry

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #363
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Scion XB 1NZ-FE Turbo build <----title of thread

I thought the thread was to help others realize what can be done? I'd almost go as far as quoting you and saying you wanted to be a pioneer and help others get to the point you are at and show the world what can be done with this engine.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #364
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
Not interisted in giving out all my details on a forum for others to decide if what I've done is worth the effort. Or if it meets their standard or ajendas.

XBG
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #365
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Lame, coming from someone who claimed his purpose here was to help out the community by sharing information.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #366
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Honestly if he doesnt want share that's his choice. Though I am curious I kno that some builders like to keep certain things under wrap. He built his motor and showed what can be done with it. The why this and that can be up for debate but it's just one of those things. I have meet many people that would not even tell you what they have done or what they have under the hood. This is no different. Happy you got what you wanted out of it and I am hoping I can get my tune really dialed in since I am pushing the limit for my compression ratio. Little room for error.... Lol but I love living on the edge.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #367
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Then don't offer.

Quote:
I've already been where most are trying to go and I will help others get there.

It's not about me anymore, it's about our whole club and getting everyone their.
Quote:
I think we can all learn something new from each other since we carry the same motor.
Quote:
I will post pics and continue with explaining my mods as questions arrise.
etc.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #368
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
It really does suck as Garm has pointed out that information should be shared. It's not like there needs to be a huge secret behind all of this.

He has listed ALL of the parts he uses so whats just a little more info? I am sure I can go out and bore a block and do some work and make 400+hp. Did you recently see the 4G63 that made 1500hp?

You have that size piping, going into an expansion into a 70mm? TB going into different size piping into a different size flange. Is that good for flow? Even with a race prepped head, if the rest of the system isn't laminar it won't mean much.

We all like to learn from other peoples builds. Even if other people get angry or upset, other people will learn. Whether it be an achievment or a mistake, it's still progression.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #369
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
I understand what you all are saying but at the end of the day if he dont want to share beyond this point thats up to him. Sux, yes, but i really dont think its even up to him. Probably the builder don't wanna give out any secrets. He might have had the intention of sharing, and he has, but when it came down to this part its hush hush. I can only guess. The important parts of his build have already been shared already so there is knowledge in that. The tune is the most important imo but this is where i see lots of tuners keep a tight lip. Its to protect there business. Its there secret recipe. Kinda like the Big Mac sauce....Ummm Thats yummy lol. I am sure some of you have come across or at least heard of this.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #370
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ If you read his comment, it's a 180 from earlier comments, and clearly has nothing to do with the tuner.

Quote:
Not interisted in giving out all my details on a forum for others to decide if what I've done is worth the effort. Or if it meets their standard or ajendas. You guys don't get to know everything somethings are just that, private.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #371
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
so is everyone finally realizing why this thread was truly started? someone wasn't getting enough attention on his own forums so he came here to be "worshipped"..
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #372
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
so is everyone finally realizing why this thread was truly started? someone wasn't getting enough attention on his own forums so he came here to be "worshipped"..
I agree with Tamago.

A forum is made to share everything not to keep the important information to be the champion.

Well I am building the engine myself aswell and if it wasn't for the community I am still searching blind without knowing what I am doing. By posting and asking questions, I learned myself and the community from my build. If you knew what are you doing (which still I am not sure it is) , from the beginning of your registering with yarisworld you should contribute your 2 cent.

I know from experience that after many hard work and many research and time, its a shame someone copies you with a click but in the end, someone will! it's just a matter of time.

I repeat this thread is made for the truly enjoyment for himself, to welcome people to his tuner business and to sell parts not sure for the care of the community.

Alright you should be proud but not that loud.

I would like to take the opportunity to give my appreciation to the community, especially to Garm as he helped me much on my build. Cheers!¬

One more thing, if you want to be the champion and keep it to yourself, why I should trust your information. You could anytime mislead us with info, which infact ppl could try it and fail .........and what your aswer WOULD BE or your tuner or your motor not good enough.

``¬¬Over and out roger - UNSUBSCRIBED

Last edited by Parmas; 01-29-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #373
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

^^^ Now that just seems like attacking him.

I've checked, he's banned from most scion forums from reacting the same way. That really sucks that it happened. but as well, people antagonized him first, but thats only after him coming in all cocky from the getgo in every forum.

Just because I own guns doesn't mean I can go around shooting people. Jus' saying!
Old 01-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #374
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Being "antagonized" justifies this response, then? just sayin' back....

Quote:
There seems to be a certain ass-clown who has a car with 2 dicks hanging out the ass-end for tale pipes.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #375
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
So can we see that video? :)
I doubt it.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #376
xixarchangelxix
The Unicorn

Drives: 2006 Yaris 5D HB
I've wanted to say it for a while now... I don't get why someone with a scion is on here. It's YARISworld. I used to have a Celica that was done up... but I didn't join a forum for the Lotus Elise just because we shared the same engine...
xixarchangelxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #377
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Well, it was just shown why he joined as you can see, but I hear your argument. I don't own a Yaris myself, my girl does, but I still love and hook up the car. I personally drive an S4 and an Envoy.

Sometimes just to get ideas I see myself going over to scionlife just to check out new advancements in the 1NZ
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #378
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixarchangelxix View Post
I've wanted to say it for a while now... I don't get why someone with a scion is on here. It's YARISworld. I used to have a Celica that was done up... but I didn't join a forum for the Lotus Elise just because we shared the same engine...
the xb i believe is based off the yaris / vitz platform, a lot of the parts are interchangeable, everything on his engine will fit on ours. there are not a lot of people that have tuned the 1nzfe, im happy to see what has worked and not worked for people, even if its not a yaris.

a celica-lotus is a huge difference,

my lady owns an echo so are you saying i should not be on this forum either?

Last edited by PK198105; 01-29-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: no name calling
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote