Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #73
GAWADE

Drives: 2012 Yaris 4d Auto Coupe
Interesting, I guess I can confirm that as this car was a rental vehicle originally from FL. According to CarFax...
GAWADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #74
Darkhorse6

Drives: 08 5dr HB
been trying to figure this one out for 2 days now. I bought the avital keyless system from a-1 electric. I have an 08 yaris hatch with central locking (lock button in between the front seats)... I can get it to unlock all the doors and flash the parking lights, so everything seemed to be going well.

No matter what I do, I can't get it to lock the doors. I followed the DIY on here and connected the unlock wire to the green wire in GD1, my lock wire is connected to the thin brown wire. Is it possible the brown wire in my car doesn't carry the lock signal??
Darkhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #75
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse6 View Post
been trying to figure this one out for 2 days now. I bought the avital keyless system from a-1 electric. I have an 08 yaris hatch with central locking (lock button in between the front seats)... I can get it to unlock all the doors and flash the parking lights, so everything seemed to be going well.

No matter what I do, I can't get it to lock the doors. I followed the DIY on here and connected the unlock wire to the green wire in GD1, my lock wire is connected to the thin brown wire. Is it possible the brown wire in my car doesn't carry the lock signal??
Take a look at the revised one that I put together after installing it one the first one of mine. There is an issue with this one where if you have operated the lock on the door manually, the remote will not work properly. The correct wires for lock and unlock are noted in mine (if memory serves me correctly, it is only one of the two that is incorrect):

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860
Old 10-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #76
Darkhorse6

Drives: 08 5dr HB
Hi CTScott,

Thanks for the reply. I did find your other post and had changed my unlock wire from orange to green. So everything works for UNlocking. The lock wire in the diy and in your post is the brown wire in gd1 pjn 5. I did notice in another post in the link you provided that there may be another LOCK wire in that GD1 harness. Could that be the issue?
Darkhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #77
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse6 View Post
Hi CTScott,

Thanks for the reply. I did find your other post and had changed my unlock wire from orange to green. So everything works for UNlocking. The lock wire in the diy and in your post is the brown wire in gd1 pjn 5. I did notice in another post in the link you provided that there may be another LOCK wire in that GD1 harness. Could that be the issue?
Lock is definitely the brown wire on GD1. Try touching a jumper wire from it's pin to the chassis ground bolt and if it locks when you do so, either your connection to the wire is bad or your device has a bad output relay.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:29 AM   #78
advmedic

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Hi, I just got my Yaris this week. 2009 sedan. Planning on this and cruise control first thing :) Does anyone still have the guide for this? The link is dead :(
advmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:51 AM   #79
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by advmedic View Post
Hi, I just got my Yaris this week. 2009 sedan. Planning on this and cruise control first thing :) Does anyone still have the guide for this? The link is dead :(
Mine is still working and has some corrections to this one:

Old 12-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #80
advmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post

Thanks CTScott. Based on my preliminary browsing of these forums, you're the man!
Old 12-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #81
advmedic

Quote:

Thanks a lot. CT Scott! After a short perusal of these forums, it appears that You're the man!
Old 12-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #82
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I ordered a keyless entry for my '08 sedan to install in a few days when my exams are over. I saved CTScott's outline of the wires which should be a big help.

I decided to go w/ the Viper 211 as I don't need the remote starter just the keyless entry.

I'll be installing it Wednesday and I wanted to check in if there was anything that I should look out for on this install? I have experience with electrical but I just want a heads up if anything comes as a surprise.

The questions I have is: I do not want the car to auto lock when the ignition is turned on. Can I just not connect that wire from the control to the car and everything else should still work fine with the system?

Also, I'd like to avoid having the issue with the keyless entry not working if the car is locked from inside. Is the manual that CTScott posted up to date in terms of the showing the correct wired to splice so that this issue doesn't happen?

Thanks guys, I'll post back with how it all goes.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #83
tmontague

bump...picking it up tomorrow
Old 12-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #84
tmontague

Alright I took some time and sat down and read through the installation manual to get the install ready for tomorrow. since Dan's DIY is no longer available on line (if anyone has it please let me know) I have a few Q's regarding the wiring.

1. Where are the input and output of dome light relay wires located? I'd like my dome light to go on when the car is unlocked so I'm assuming I need to connect both the input and output but it was not labelled in CTScotts well labelled guide.

2. In CTScotts guide at the very bottom for the keyless entry part it shows "transponder key bypass module connections" Do I need to tap into these just for a keyless entry (no remote start or alarm)? My understanding was I only need to connect the Viper Modules yellow wire to ignition so that I could get the locks to unlock when the ignition is off.

3.For the lock and unlock wire I am tapping into (the brown and green ones) on the yaris. What wires do I use from the Viper module? They have 3 unlock and 3 lock wires coming from that module. They are labelled as "lock common output, lock normally closed and lock normally open (input)" same for the unlock wires. What wires from the viper module do I need to use to connect to the yaris lock and unlock wires?

4. Where do I connect the viper blue wire "second unlock output" so that I have progressive unlocking? Does it connect to the unlock wire as well that was labelled in CTScotts guide?

5. Do I need to bother with any of the other wires that go to the ignition such as "unlock 87a normally closed" if all I want is for the ignition to unlock the locks when turned off? Or is just the yellow viper wire connected to 12v ignition adequate enough?

Thanks guys
Old 12-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #85
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Since this thread is dead post any questions that you have on the thread for mine, so it is not spread between two threads.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #86
tmontague

Quote:
Since this thread is dead post any questions that you have on the thread for mine, so it is not spread between two threads.
done, http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...=24860&page=14 thanks CTScott
Old 09-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #87
yangluchan

Drives: Yaris 2007
Factory manual

I try open
Virus alert
yangluchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #88
ladenbrosmuk

Drives: yaris
Quote:
Hey so I had a question with installing an Avital 3100LX system. Which 12v wires do I use, the 15A or the 25A? Also since my Yaris 2008 has 4 door? Do I need a relay for the lock and unlock? Thank you for your time
ladenbrosmuk is offline   Reply With Quote