Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Amp And Cable Kit Question

Okay, I have an 8-gauge cable kit installed already powering an Alpine MRP-M450 amp going to my 10" Alpine Type R sub. The RMS on this amp is only 220w (at 4 ohms). My friend has an Insignia amp laying around brand new (he hasn't had the time to put it in his car). It's peak is 1000w and I don't know the RMS. I was wondering if I can put that amp into my car without changing anything (borrowing until he puts it into his car). I will turn the gains down to minimum on that Insignia amp if I can do this swap. Does anyone know if I can, or would I have to upgrade to a 4-gauge kit (if that's so, I'm not). TIA.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote