Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Had a good Yaris spotting day today.

I rarely ever see a Yaris on the road out here in North Phoenix, Arizona, during my daily commutes/errands, especially anything 2012+, but today was a good day I guess.

After leaving work, I was passed on the interstate by TWO bayou blue pre-2012 hatchbacks within minutes of each other - as I poked along in the rightmost lane at 60-65. One of them had aftermarket alloys, and the other was stock from what I could tell. Both were clean, and looked well kept.

After exiting interstate, I was pumping my weekly $10-12 in gasoline at my regular Shell station when a White 2015 LE pulled up next to the store section for a quick in-and-out purchase. I hate seeing my car with skinny little 15" tires, the non-SE headlights, and no hatch spoiler. I'm so used to seeing my car, that it just looks sooo wrong, lol.

After visiting an ATM at my bank, I zipped over to Trader Joe's for my weekly groceries, and parked near a pristine 2012-2014 White SE in an emptier section of the parking lot (I guess they hate the thought of dinged doors as much as I do). I did a walk-around to check it out some up close in-person, since all my experience with them has been through pictures on the internet. It was an automatic, not surprisingly. Nice tinted windows. Up front seemed boxier and less flowing than my 2015 (not in a bad way, just different), and the taillights protruded a bit too much for my taste at various angles. I did however prefer the rear bumper on the 2012-2014 SE over mine, and it did give the car a somewhat better/wider-looking (aggressive) rear stance in my opinion. I also liked their 16" alloys better than the 2015 16" on mine not surprisingly, though they seemed to hide up in the wheel-well area a tad bit more for some reason (different offset or what?). All in all, it was certainly a sharp little car in it's own respect, and I could have seen myself enjoying that version of the Yaris just as easily as I do mine.

It always puts a smile on my face see to any Yaris kin on the road, regardless of the year/model.

Oh, and I also saw a really nice, customized Echo on the road last week. You could tell they cared about their car, and it looked great for its age.

-

Last edited by Kalispel; 12-18-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
i see lots of non se's

today theres an european dude in for the week at work for training driving a yaris L rental

the hertz in my neighborhood has a few of 'em
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote