Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #37
ljming99

Drives: Yaris '06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
Looks interesting, but the price is damn steep. 2300 for yhe front struts and rear bags. Then their air management, tank, compressor, and valves is another 2600. That's ovet 5k without any install labor. Not to mention the tank is only a 3 gallon tank and 1 compressor. Dinoegg is into her setup installed for less than that price, and has (2) 380cc compressors and a 5 gallon tank.

Kit looks nice, just saying.
Me bad, i didnt see the fine print - Sold Separately.

In that case the price is really steep.
ljming99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #38
sasquatch

Drives: 04.:R32, 87 Scirocco, 07 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljming99 View Post
Me bad, i didnt see the fine print - Sold Separately.

In that case the price is really steep.
Def a good find, nice to see that there is other options out there. Just way too much. If the whole setup wad 2300 that would be tempting
sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #39
VOrphine

Drives: yaris 2DR hatchback
Hi, i'm new here, and I planned to ride air and low.

low riding on a stock oem strut will short its life quick and then blow (the ride become noticeably bouncier and the body rolls much more on turns). So save the labor time or cost, and get the aftermarket shock thats meant for riding low.

bolt-on air suspension strut seems to be the best because its all-in-one piece compact design (probably a bit lighter too) than other kits with universal air bag. These are my opinion and my 2 cents.

Air Force and Ksport Airtech kit look exactly the same and same price, except Air Force is from Asia, Both are the ONLY complete air+strut suspension kit bolt-on direct fit a yaris. Ksport Airtech is my only option?
VOrphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #40
DINOeggxo

Drives: white yaris hatchback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOrphine View Post
Hi, i'm new here, and I planned to ride air and low.

low riding on a stock oem strut will short its life quick and then blow (the ride become noticeably bouncier and the body rolls much more on turns). So save the labor time or cost, and get the aftermarket shock thats meant for riding low.

bolt-on air suspension strut seems to be the best because its all-in-one piece compact design (probably a bit lighter too) than other kits with universal air bag. These are my opinion and my 2 cents.

Air Force and Ksport Airtech kit look exactly the same and same price, except Air Force is from Asia, Both are the ONLY complete air+strut suspension kit bolt-on direct fit a yaris. Ksport Airtech is my only option?

My drive height isn't super low plus rear struts can be replaced in 30 min if they go bad. Im not worried.

Yaris suspension is best to use a universal bag for the rear because its a beam type and is the cheapest and most efficient for the rear setup.

Our friend is a air ride dealer and is working to make a complete kit for the yaris that uses the best products on the market and gives the buyer some options during purchase. AND at a great price. The problem with those other kits is they use old out of date management and are very expensive for what you get. And troubleshooting and help if you have problems is limited with these current kits.

My management is some of the most widely used in the euro community and there are loads of things it can do that other management can't, and there is tons of people using it who can offer help.

If you are curious about getting bagged PM me and I will keep you up to date on stuff and put you in contact with our friend/dealer
DINOeggxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #41
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Will be keeping an eye on this thread as I am planning on going air in the future.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #42
DINOeggxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Will be keeping an eye on this thread as I am planning on going air in the future.
i will keep everyone updated when my friend gets his jdm account! i want to see more bagged slammed yaris's! im doing my best to get a modern kit thats widely used that if someone needs help its out there.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #43
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
You don't HAVE to ride on bags to sit low, I sit less than 2" off the ground and I'm static.

Switches are for bitches

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #44
DINOeggxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
You don't HAVE to ride on bags to sit low, I sit less than 2" off the ground and I'm static.

Switches are for bitches
Agreed, you don't NEED bags to sit low. But convienence is nice, especially with the HORRIBLE roads here in the north east :)

Oh and they are super fun to play with

Bags aren't for everyone, and i respect everyones choices, but currently their is no really good bag setup available for the Yaris crowd like there is for the vw/audi/BMW/Honda communities. My goal is to help people who want bags to have a good setup with options, quality products, and a source for customer service and questions. As well as show the car world that the Yaris os totally underrated :)
Old 09-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #45
Form>Function

Bags make a slammed ride convert to a comfy DD in no time and I can see the appeal. Its cool that you're trying to make a kit for our platform. Always refreshing to see more aftermarket support.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #46
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
Mods: if you read this, with the growing interest and threads about air ride anyway to get a sticky of this or a new official air ride thread as a easy to find source for any questions about air?
Ask and you shall receive.

Looking forward to more information on this topic, as I have always wanted to bag my Yaris. Do let us know if there's any chance of getting a group buy going at some point.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #47
Kaotic Lazagna

For me, it's the convenience and the fact that probably the majority of VIP cars and VIP style cars are sitting on air.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #48
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
the airbag is growing on me.... Im interested for a future upgrade for sure.

you have my info Dino , keep us updated
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #49
DINOeggxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Ask and you shall receive.

Looking forward to more information on this topic, as I have always wanted to bag my Yaris. Do let us know if there's any chance of getting a group buy going at some point.
thanks!

interesting you mentioned a group buy. my boyfriend and i were actually talking to our friend tonight at a local GTG about the growing interest for Air kits. he told us that a majority of the front struts are made to order, much like mine were, and a group buy would probably be the best possible way to get a bunch of kits built and out for the public and get people the best price too. rather than one order at a time.

but like i said he is still working out the details and once there is more info to share it will be shared :)

like always if anyone has questions about anything feel free to ask them here now that we have a nice sticky.

for anyone wondering how it is for a DD as far as durability: my setup was installed in may and has been flawless. a fuse has blown once (boyfriends fault) but it was a quick 30 second fix. no leaks, nothing weird, everything is perfect :)
Old 09-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #50
Form>Function

How is the driveability with these? Are they stiff? Can you adjust dampening or only height? Is there a weight limit? What is maintenance like? Do the pumps ever go out?

Old 09-03-2012, 02:27 AM   #51
Kaotic Lazagna

kinda hope the group buy won't be for a while since I won't have that kind of money until a (long) while.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #52
DINOeggxo

Quote:
How is the driveability with these?
The drive ability feels like a stock car, doesn't behave much differently. if anything it feels a little MORE like a RWD car because the front sway bar was removed. but after 500 miles of mountain back road driving to and from vermont i would say it handles very well still. (i/we were not pushing the car to its limits, but for swift backroad driving it felt as good as when i was just on springs)

Quote:
Are they stiff?
the drive height setting isn't that stiff or bouncy. it doesnt feel much harder than when the car was on micro image springs. i never paid too much attention to how stiff it was before but i can say that it doesn't fell that bad at all. its a lot less stiff than my boyfriends R32 on H&R street coilovers(and some other suspension mods). BUT the way the system works is if you air the car up REALLY high the ride will be VERY stiff and VERY bouncy. the bags are like the springs, so airing it up high means a lot of PSI in the bags and a hard ride. but the regular drive height i use is pretty nice.

Quote:
Can you adjust dampening or only height?
the struts i have (and i cannot guarantee the struts that we are working on getting will be 100% the same) uses a threaded strut with a collard bag (think coilover) and they DO have adjustable dampening. hopefully the kits we are working on feature the same things. pretty much you'll get your struts, wind the bag all the way down and lock it into place.. i mean everyone wants max lowness right :)

Quote:
Is there a weight limit? What is maintenance like?
no weight limit that i know of. we have had myself and 3 passengers plus some luggage in the car and all i had to do was air the bags up a little extra to compensate for the weight. the management i use offers 8 different presets so you can have quick settings to go to, or use manual mode and air up each corner independently.

maintenance: empty the water traps and tank from time to time. only other problem i have had was a fuse in the system for the compressor, which is convienently located under the hood, has blown out twice. this happens from time to time on everyone we know with air ride. so during install, either professional or yourself, make sure to leave it easily accessible. possibly may have to add some anti-freeze(like semi trucks or regular air compressors) to the tank and lines for winter but we will see if that is needed.

Quote:
Do the pumps ever go out?
like above the compressors have not had a problem, only the fuse. my kit uses (2) 380CC vlair compressors. they are pretty high quality and i believe i have 2 so that they work together and faster rather than making one compressor do all the work and put a lot of stress on it.

hopefully these answered your questions, they were very good ones i'm glad someone asked. if anyone else is curious feel free to ask :) i wanna help the community as much as i can and grow our aftermarket support :)
Old 09-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #53
d.one

Drives: wht [s]
Airrunner makes a bolt on. I've been rocking mines for about a little over a year and a half now. It's a bit pricey but it's well worth it. The kit will work on both styles.
d.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #54
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.one View Post
Airrunner makes a bolt on. I've been rocking mines for about a little over a year and a half now. It's a bit pricey but it's well worth it. The kit will work on both styles.
Out of curiosity, what is the max lift height of the airrunner front struts?