Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
thelintonwyrm

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS, 2dr. 5spd. HB
Steering Wheel Audio / Cruise Controls for Yaris RS

Hi Folks,
I was reading through the thread:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...wheel+controls

What I didn't understand is this: My 5spd. 2008 Japanese Made, 3dr., HB, Yaris RS never came with controls for either cruise or audio.

My first question: Did the Leather Wrapped Steering wheel in my model of Yaris ever come with these controls on any model of 2008 Yaris?

Second Question: I will say i would be happy with a no air bag, aftermarket wheel. If this option proves more cost efficient that buying a Yaris wheel (if it exists for my model year in leather wrap) Where can i find one?

Third Question, I'm even will to purchase aftermarket wired in controls that attach to the existing wheel, but i'd like them to be specific to the Yaris wheel and not a "Strap on" ugly, or ir, bluetooth option. I want to hard wire all these controls. Possibilities that have worked for you? Photos?

So this has been a long exhaustive internet search that has taken a lot of time this week lol, however knowing Toyota, they kept this stuff fairly consistent through different years makes and model differences. Will an 09 5dr. Yaris RS wheel bolt up to my 2008? There are many ways to look at it I suppose.

I hope I can get some guidance from you kind folks out there so i can make that purchase :)

If any of you have such an animal for sale, I'd love to know so we arrange something.

Cheers,
Rob
thelintonwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote