Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Most worthwhile mod for Yaris?
Rear sway bar 45 37.50%
Lowering springs / other suspension 26 21.67%
Engine / exhaust 12 10.00%
Bodykit / spoiler 2 1.67%
Window tint 22 18.33%
Other (please specify) 13 10.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #37
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Rear Anti-Sway Bar: for safety's sake.
This is one component I strongly feel that the factory should be installing on all Yaris'. It makes the car so so much more stable on the highway that for such a small price it almost seems negligent to not include it.
Once you've experienced your Yaris with an anti-sway bar installed you will never remove it.
I installed mine prior to the other suspension components and found it made an absolutely huge difference.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #38
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbergman27 View Post
Things are not looking particularly hopeful for this discussion. But hey, the night is young.

-Steve
Hey, you're the one that came in to threadcrap. Get out.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #39
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Ladies and gents this young girl (lol) has been in YW for some time and i must say I have never seen her go OFF on anyone in YW, Steve, sir you really pissed her off. The quite ones are bad when they explode lol.
+1

only thing i would change in your post.... i'm a boy, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Hey, you're the one that came in to threadcrap. Get out.
+1

agreed....sorry steve.... lol.

this fourm is about mods..... iunno what u were expecting

funny thing i find about yarisworld..... it brings out the kid in everyone, some people were happy children....others.....well....not so much, lol.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #40
yaris2010RS

my bad, i forgot to vote.... lol.

i vote for other, i have not done too much to my yaris yet.

so far best mod was my intake..... that is sick!

plans to do sway bar and lower about 2-3inch staying on toyota alloys.

other random mod (which is a pleaser) under dash lights. very nice, took a while to get jsut right but finally happy with it.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #41
eht13

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Thing is though, is that this isn't a modding forum. YarisWorld is a Yaris forum that talks about everything Yaris with other off topic discussions as well.

They're are specific sub-forums dedicated to mods, this particular sub-forum is a general Yaris discussion though.
Well said, I guess this needs to be reiterated. YarisWorld is for all Yaris owners, not just those that are heavily into modding. There are sub-forums for specific mods here, but I put the poll in this sub-forum because it is the most popular sub-forum and it covers all Yaris discussion... not focusing on just one area (which would have rendered a poll about all mods moot).

Thanks for the responses.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #42
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
i think he was talking about YAR1S
Old 03-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #43
sbergman27

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
Well said, I guess this needs to be reiterated. YarisWorld is for all Yaris owners, not just those that are heavily into modding.
Actually, it occurred to me late last night that there *is* a mod I wouldn't mind having: Fog Lights.

It seems like every time I try to drive on I70 in western Kansas at night (or early morning) a huge, virtually impenetrable fog bank rolls in. So I'd vote for fog lights. Factory, if possible.

-Steve
sbergman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #44
eht13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbergman27 View Post
Actually, it occurred to me late last night that there *is* a mod I wouldn't mind having: Fog Lights.

It seems like every time I try to drive on I70 in western Kansas at night (or early morning) a huge, virtually impenetrable fog bank rolls in. So I'd vote for fog lights. Factory, if possible.

-Steve
Makes sense. For me, though, fog lights are one of the things that mine came with when I bought it. As I was saying, getting the Power Package with all options (including fog lights, cruise control, etc.) and OEM alloy wheels is probably the main reason why I haven't already done any real mods.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #45
yaris2010RS

Quote:
Makes sense. For me, though, fog lights are one of the things that mine came with when I bought it. As I was saying, getting the Power Package with all options (including fog lights, cruise control, etc.) and OEM alloy wheels is probably the main reason why I haven't already done any real mods.
my car also came with the stock fogs..... not gonna lie, they dont do much. lol. i notice a bit when i flicker them on and off but hopefully when i upgrade them to 15K HID's they will work better? lol
Old 03-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #46
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
The utility of fogs is more apparent when...well, there's fog! Otherwise, I run them because having two more lights on makes me more visible to the braindead drivers in this town. Plus, I think it looks cool with them on.

Remember these are fog lights, not auxiliary lights so don't expect them to go lighting up the roadway 100 feet in front of your car. They are purposely designed to shine under the fog and not reflect on it as your normal headlights would.

But they are a great upgrade, one of the first I did when I got my Yaris!

Cheers! M2
Old 03-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #47
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Have to go with swaybar too. As a safety standard it should've been an OEM part, even if it was a cheap scrawny 15mm-something piece.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #48
eht13

Thanks for all the votes so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
Have to go with swaybar too. As a safety standard it should've been an OEM part, even if it was a cheap scrawny 15mm-something piece.
Just curious, did you get a sway bar already? I thought you got the lowering springs but not a sway bar... at least before anyway.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #49
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
I voted other for my scangauge.

I went from an avg of 32 mpg to 42 mpg just by knowing in real time what mpg I was getting. That more or less already paid for it self I think.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #50
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Quote:
Just curious, did you get a sway bar already? I thought you got the lowering springs but not a sway bar... at least before anyway.
Not yet. I got the springs first because it was an unbeatable deal and I just happened to have the spare cash for it at the time. I've been hearing from those that installed the bar that they've noticed that handling has greatly improved and the car is much more planted to the road (especially during evasive maneuvers and windy days). The bar has been on my list ever since.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #51
eht13

^ Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #52
skoolafish

Drives: 2008 Polar White Yaris Sedan
for what it's worth, i'm glad you all started arguing because i got some good info out of it...

i feel enlightened

i was going to get lowering springs, but i think i'm going to pass on those for the time being...bad snow area
skoolafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #53
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Supercharged baby!!
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #54
dean_park

Drives: 2011 VW Golf TDI
I think the mod depends on what you are trying to do/achieve. I'm going for max MPG while not looking horrible (like extreme eco-modders that put full boat tails, etc).

I'm in my 30's, so not looking to make a lot of noise or draw a lot of attention. Springs (to reduce underbody turbulance) and lightweight wheels are highly recommended as is a scangauge (I'm waiting on the CTScott Yargauge).
dean_park is offline   Reply With Quote