Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-23-2022, 04:24 PM   #1
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
2016+ lexus/toyota led foglights installed.

i found more parts to upgrade the yaris with!

not much of "wow omg" upgrade but its a good deal, and oem quality rather than buying stuff from ebay/amazon with made in china stamped all over it with a gamble whether or not it'll last that next day.

I present: lexus late model LED fogs. plug and play. you know...as long as you already have fog light wiring installed.

I had morimoto HID (XB LED) fogs for years and they've always took in moisture, but worked for 7yrs. One gave up finally so i gotta get replacements...and found a pair of new lexus units for much less than new morimotos..

comparison shots vs the premium morimoto XB LEDs

part number

how it looks on the car (much better fitment, obviously)
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 04:56 PM   #2
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
I'd be running these in my car as we speak but I'm a sucker for yellow fog lights from a functional and aesthetic perspective, glad these work though.

Weird that you had moisture issues with the XB fogs, I had a pair on my F150 for about a year and never had any issues.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:40 AM   #3
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
i adore morimoto stuff...i would have contacted them about the moisture and id bet money they would have replaced it

tho on the lexus units..they look ALOT bigger in all directions, is that an illusion or does alot of it "hide" behind the bumper?

personaly im not sold on LED yet...especialy after going HID for high, low, and fog..i could run all night long with just my fogs on happily
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 07:13 AM   #4
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
i adore morimoto stuff...i would have contacted them about the moisture and id bet money they would have replaced it

tho on the lexus units..they look ALOT bigger in all directions, is that an illusion or does alot of it "hide" behind the bumper?
actually the morimoto fogs were a little too small in all directions.

The right side took moisture for years, and was replaced under warranty one time. Remember i had morimotos for many many years, and it worked minus the moisture intake so the quality is very much there....just didnt want to pay 200+shipping for a new set LOL...cause the left was just lookin super knackered too.

the lexus units ran something like 145 shipped after coupon :)
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote