Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-19-2022, 10:43 AM   #1
offbeatdave

Drives: Yaris
Aftermarket head on 2013 Yaris retaining OEM camera

I recently replaced the factory head unit in our 2013 Toyota Yaris (UK spec, RHD). It took a little doing as most of the guides and questions I found online raised the issues people had during an install without necessarily explaining how they solved them. Once I had read enough articles and watched enough videos it was actually really straightforward. Therefore I decided to give an overview of how I did it in case anyone else needed some pointers.

I put together a summary of what I did at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing.

Might be a bit amateur, but it works and I'm satisfied!
offbeatdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:12 PM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Nicely done good instructions!

When I bought my 2020 Corolla they wanted me to spend another thousand dollars to extend the warranty to seven years to cover the cameras and the radar for all the new electronic gizmos.

I didn’t do it maybe I should have.

One way to find out!
Old 09-30-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
schizophonic
I've made a post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatdave View Post
I recently replaced the factory head unit in our 2013 Toyota Yaris (UK spec, RHD). It took a little doing as most of the guides and questions I found online raised the issues people had during an install without necessarily explaining how they solved them. Once I had read enough articles and watched enough videos it was actually really straightforward. Therefore I decided to give an overview of how I did it in case anyone else needed some pointers.

I put together a summary of what I did at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing.

Might be a bit amateur, but it works and I'm satisfied!
This has come in great timing. I was thinking about upgrading my partners car stereo at some point to give her a bit more luxury and tried to google a few things but this has all made it much more simpler to do following this guide. Thank you!

I just signed up just to post to say thanks!
schizophonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:01 PM   #4
offbeatdave

No problem! Pleased it helped. I know that all the information is out there but I just wanted to put it together in one place to save someone else searching and having to piece it together. Pleased that this was achieved!
offbeatdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 02:51 PM   #5
shaunrichardson@me.com

On with this. Just pulled all plugs out and can’t remember which the aerial was. Which is the aerial ?
shaunrichardson@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:38 AM   #6
KelisDe

I installed a device from these guys, so far for half a year the radio has been working fine, you can contact them

https://smarty-trend.com/2-din-unive...um-series.html
KelisDe is offline   Reply With Quote