Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-12-2022, 11:25 AM   #1
Langster

Drives: 2017 Yaris LE
Handsfree mic not connected

I recently purchased a low mileage 2017 LE. I can pair my phone to the Bluetooth radio, play music via Bluetooth, receive phone calls via Bluetooth however I cannot initiate a call using the Bluetooth radio ( I get a message saying microphone not connected, handsfree not available)and if I get a call the caller cannot hear me. Looking through a number of online sites, including this one I found numerous postings about this issue and suggestions on how to resolve it such as unpairing and repairing the phone, disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, etc.
I did all that, to no avail.
This AM I removed the trim on the dash and pulled the ventilation panel out and low and behold there is no wire connector to the microphone, although it does have a receptical for a plug in connector.
Question is where did it go? What kind of connector do I need and where does it plug into the radio?
The car came with an aftermarket remote starter installed. Might this have something why the Bluetooth mic could be disconnected?
Langster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 12:00 PM   #2
Langster

Drives: 2017 Yaris LE
Ha!
So I pulled the radio ( the original Toyota/Pioneer) and checked the recepticals to see if there was anything connected to the radio but not to the mic. Couldn’t find anything so had another look at wiring to ventilation panel and found one male connector with three conductors neatly taped to the fan motor control. Plugged it into the mic and my handsfree calling and mic work!
Pays to look!
Langster is offline   Reply With Quote