Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2023, 08:42 PM   #19
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
problem ive run into is these idiots running around on electric bikes doing 40+ thru 4 way stops without stopping..in the dark with no lights
cyclists are a huge PITA around here..they dont follow any rules and assume the whole road is theirs ...try running thru twisting hills to find a cyclist coming down hard and fast in the wrong lane cause he is passing another idiot on a bike

im sorry for any of you guys who actualy follow the rules but shits got out of hand round here...motorcycles atleast follow the rules
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:46 AM   #20
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
problem ive run into is these idiots running around on electric bikes doing 40+ thru 4 way stops without stopping..in the dark with no lights
cyclists are a huge PITA around here..they dont follow any rules and assume the whole road is theirs ...try running thru twisting hills to find a cyclist coming down hard and fast in the wrong lane cause he is passing another idiot on a bike

im sorry for any of you guys who actualy follow the rules but shits got out of hand round here...motorcycles atleast follow the rules
Having been a bicyclist and a motorcyclist, I’m in a complete agreement with you! The only excuse I can get for a bicyclist is you can hear much better than someone in a car. And see a lot better to! But bicyclists run red lights, stop signs and split lanes. so do motorcyclists! I was riding my GS 1000 BMW in bumper to bumper traffic on a three lane interstate going 75 miles an hour. I was pretty scared. Then two guys on Hayabusa‘s lane split is going about 100 miles an hour! They had full face helmet on, Bikini, tank tops, shorts, and flip-flops! They missed my right elbow by about 2 feet.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:46 AM   #21
bronsin

Old 03-18-2023, 11:54 AM   #22
"A"
Get rollin'

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
There are idiots everywhere.
You can have regulations out the wazoo and people still act like idiots to endanger themselves and others.
Just like guns don't kill people, more laws, more regulations don't prevent gun violence, right?
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:48 PM   #23
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Having been a bicyclist and a motorcyclist, I’m in a complete agreement with you! The only excuse I can get for a bicyclist is you can hear much better than someone in a car. And see a lot better to! But bicyclists run red lights, stop signs and split lanes. so do motorcyclists! I was riding my GS 1000 BMW in bumper to bumper traffic on a three lane interstate going 75 miles an hour. I was pretty scared. Then two guys on Hayabusa‘s lane split is going about 100 miles an hour! They had full face helmet on, Bikini, tank tops, shorts, and flip-flops! They missed my right elbow by about 2 feet.
as someone whos been riding motorcycles just as long as i could ride a bycicle(1980)...ive less "trust" issues with someone on motorcycle than i do with someone on anything else

yeah theres stupid everywhere ..but all the modern "electric" transportation devices has made things crazy out there to a whole new level
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 07:38 AM   #24
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rptech View Post
Bike for health, car for mental health :d
Bicycle is also good for mental health! It gets those natural chemicals, adrenaline, and I can’t remember what else going! If you want to get high, ride a bicycle!
Old 03-21-2023, 07:41 AM   #25
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
First decent day of commute on bike this week.
Bike, New York is coming up! First Sunday in May!

Have you ever done it?
Old 03-21-2023, 11:30 AM   #26
"A"
Get rollin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Bike, New York is coming up! First Sunday in May!

Have you ever done it?
Some 20 years ago... once was enough for me.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:36 PM   #27
bronsin

2003 was my last five borough bike tour. I blew a disc in my neck in June and that was it for riding a bicycle.

In 2002 at the start I saw Hillary Clinton and Schumer on the Dias with the mayor and the governor and all those sorts of people. As they rode past the dignitaries people were calling out names of the cities where they were from. San Francisco, Sydney, Berlin. So I called out Cobleskill. Hillary turned to Chuck and said “what’s Cobleskill?“ Schumer said “That’s a small town in upstate New York”
Old 03-22-2023, 04:54 PM   #28
"A"
Get rollin'

I think my last Bike NY, the Twin Towers were still standing.

I remember watching 4th July fireworks from 70th floor of one tower when I was little.

Last edited by "A"; 03-24-2023 at 10:21 AM.