Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2023, 04:31 AM   #19
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
Actually, it’s not my ECU/ECM, because I have a smart ODB gauge plugged in, which I can adjust the speed it displays, but I have it set to 100% and the speed it displays is accurate when compared to my GPS and the speed RADAR that I pass by on the way to work.
My obd2 display shows same as my speedo is reading, I have the JDM RS vitz dash installed that did not come with the car and I changed that second day I owned it so this could also be why mines a bit off.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 11:05 AM   #20
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
What do you guys think about Goodyear Assurance All-Season Tires? Thinking about getting goodyear but I've read a lot of horror stories on goodyear tires in the past so hopefully this time around, they have improved.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 12:53 PM   #21
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
screw goodyear, your paying for a name not quality

want a good all season on a light lil yaris.. vredestein quatrac4
these tires work well on freezing rain, got me thru our snow storm where other idiots made it to where it took 4 hours to go 15 miles....i did alot of looping around trying to find ways out..even tryed a hill climb..which i had in the bag till an idiot stopped
in the wet, they are pretty well glued to the road, want to chuck the car around go for it the tires wont give up
in the drive, its a gokart on warmed up tires, there is no loss of grip ..chuck it into that hair pin at 50mph and listen to the tires sign

i am running 195s
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 04:13 PM   #22
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
How about the Falken Sincera SN201 A/S?

A lot of mixed reviews on goodyear, some say it's good, same it's bad.
It's currently on sale.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 02:12 PM   #23
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
falken makes great tires period

but you need to think about the weight of your car and how you drive....these lil yaris are LIGHT and the average tire is made for a car 1000-2000 lbs heavier...so most tires on a yaris ride like rocks or dont grip due to the lack of weight

i was lucky enough that the tire shop i use, was willing to bend over backwards to make me happy, we cycled thru a few sets of tires before settling on the verdistans....to find the "soft" tires look for tires with low milage wear(ie tires that shouldnt last more than 20-30k), and remember that the wear of those is based on the average car weight of 3600-4000+lbs

if your looking for a "cheep" tire the mazama reputations are a great tire on a heavier car, in fact ive driven on them in both the suv form and car form, FANTASTIC cheep tire....till you put it on a yaris, in fact it does pretty amazing in the snow on a 01 honda...likc shockingly great tires, but on the yaris it was like driving on a old cold race slick, i was sliding in the wet....never mind cold or snow

for referance i run a 195/60/14, and while its a lil wider than the OE tire its not a drastic size change, but i can also tell you that the change from a 185 to a 195 made wet sharp corners less "uneasy" as the front end grabs instead of pushing, the jump into the new tires tho took that to a whole new level...its a bloody gokart
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 09:10 PM   #24
IndestructibleYaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
I am going to 175/70r14 on NA miata rims. I got 6 rims for 100. Within 3% stock diameter but almost a half inch of extra sidewall. I was tired of feeling the little rumble from all my tires running on dented rims.
IndestructibleYaris is offline   Reply With Quote