Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2023, 12:20 PM   #1
CrimsonEclipse

Drives: .
Temperature knob sticking

2011 Yaris

Temperature know is sticking, more so when it's cold.
When it breaks free, it sounds like a door (panel) is sticking.

Bad: I forced the knob and likely jumped a tooth or something and will likely have to disassemble.

So the project is to open up the panel and have a look.

How difficult will this be and what should I be looking for?
CrimsonEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 10:38 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
very simple..and part of the job to swap the dials if you wanted to..its very simple..you need to figure out whats hanging up the heater box tho....i know the fresh/cabin air control can get jambed up if youve got too much stuff in your glove box..just dont ask me why/how it happens
if you remove the glove box(assuming your LHD) and you peek in and to the left you will be looking at the heat control door wheel
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote