Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #19
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiu
Join the club Swug. The driver side of my door above the handle has a dent too. (thank god no scratches) Some ppl just dont care. They drive a beatup car and they park wutever way they want cos they dun give a sh*t

i feel u pain bro
Will have to join you guys sooner or later. I am only using all available methods to delay it. Regarding scratches, sometimes you really have to check it out very elaborately. I have had "scratches" on my cars that have later found to be other types of dirt. You know, sometimes it can even be the paint of the car that has dinged yours. That kind of things can be cleaned with some car soap or some mild car polishing products. Just be careful not to rub your own paint away!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #20
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Ouch! I feel your pain... my Vibe's beaten half to Hades. Body moulding is practically useless. Every dent I've ever had appears about 8 inches below the windows. It those darn trucks and SUVs that sit higher. I always park at the very end of the lot, and I still get hit. The newer the car, the quicker someone will dent it, too. It's hopeless!

~YR
Old 05-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #21
Rahxephon

Drives: Vitz RS
Update:
I just got the dent and scratches removed. It costed me 200+ CAD, not including the time I spent on the issue. I now feel like I've got mugged - 200 bucks flying out of my wallet. What did I ever do to you, you doorknob BASTARD!
Rahxephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #22
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Holy Hell, that bastard better see what is coming to him/her. It's upsetting you have to spend those money! But it can be worst. My co-worker parked at the front of our company and we all knew each other. Few weeks ago when a bunch of ladies went out for lunch, one of them who doesn't even drive was sitting in the back seat. As she was exiting the car, she slam the door right INTO my buddy's door. Man, he doesn't even know if he should ask her to pay up or not, since, we all see each other like everyday, but it's damage, tho. I can still remember those tears in his eyes! ....
Old 05-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #23
seriousfun

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahxephon
I just found out about 3 hrs ago that a dent and some scratches have landed on my beloved Yaris RS. ...
Don't feel too bad.

I bought my 2007 Black Liftback on Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning, on my first commute (on the serene freeways of downtown Los Angeles...), some guy in a 300-series Benz decides that he's better than me, speeds into the right shoulder, and sideswipes me while passing.

Good thing the dealer included bridge insurance for the first month (to give me time to switch mine from my old, dead car).

As in "The World According to Garp", I'm actually happy. It's pre-disastered!
seriousfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:09 AM   #24
Ron

Drives: BBM Yaris HB
i didnt bother fixing the door ding i got on my passenger side about 2 months into owning my yaris. i figured after spending 50-100 getting the dent fixed, i will surely get another. lucky me, none yet. knock on wood
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #25
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
This thread reminds me when I first bought my truck. Within a matter of maybe 2 weeks someone smacked my driver side door in a parking lot and put a nice ding in it. I was saying to myself "couldn't you at least ding the passenger side so I don't have to be reminded of it everytime I get in my truck?" But no, it had to be where I see it every time I get in my truck

Then a month after I bought my truck something fell out of a pick up truck in front of me and hit my windshield putting a huge crack in it As you guessed it the crack spidered all over the place and I had to replace it. A one month old truck

Its bound to happen.. what are you going to do about it? Notta...
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #26
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Hunt down the people that did it. Fantasize about beating them senseless, that should at least help you to feel a little better.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #27
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Okay, this you need to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkG3ONxSBd8

Hilarious!
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #28
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #29
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Haha, oh man, that is crazy
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:12 PM   #30
DARK505

Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
Okay, this you need to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkG3ONxSBd8

Hilarious!
Great vid!! You gotta love the bumper sticker on the stang "War is not the answer"!!
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #31
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Tell me about it, i got rear ended at about 1k miles or so, just a slight tap by a DUIer. Waste of time to try and get money out of the guy, he hit like 5 cars, no insurance. Sucks cause i got a slight imprint of his front plate bracket, so i'd have to replace the bumerp to get it right, but its minor thank god.
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:43 PM   #32
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
If you see someone ding another car, TURN THEM IN. I witnessed a young girl open her door and "rest" it against the car beside hers. I left a note for the driver of the dinged car with her plate number and my phone number. I hope she got what she deserved but I never heard anything. I don't tolerate people like that.
I too park on the end of a row as close to the line as possible.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #33
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
When I was younger and a lot more hot headed I watched some yuppie soccer mom put a ding into the passenger door of my car at the time, granted it was nothing special, but it was my car, I'd paid for it with my hard earned money that I actually had to WORK for rather than sit around the house popping out spoiled rotten country club brats... hopefully the dent I put in her minivan's door with the heel of my boot taught her to be a little more careful about opening her door. Ya know, I'm not really one for wanton damage of other people's property, and I certainly dont advocate this type of behavior... but no matter how hard I try, I still don't feel guilty about it, dammit, I had to work my ass off in high school to pay for that car, and here's this yuppie mom who probably sits on her ass at the country club sipping vodka all day with the rest of the trophy wives and she has no regard for my property, then why should I for hers? I bet hubby didn't have to bust his ass nearly as hard to buy her that soccermobile as I did to buy my baby. I'm extremely careful about opening my doors in a crowded lot, I don't care if the car next to me is a brand new Mercedes or a 78 hooptie Impala, someone had to work for that car and as long as they respect my property, I respect theirs
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:59 AM   #34
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Hell yeah, kick it again for me someday. Bitch. ROFL
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:25 AM   #35
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
The Video is AWESOME! I love it!
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote