Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #1
ism3t
YarVitz

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback
07 Liftback US -> JDM Vitz

Howdy, this is my first post as I just ordered my car, an 07 Black Liftback, and I was wondering what add-ons I could purchase while my car is being shipped (eta 9-23) to make it ready for a steady transition to look and drive like the JDM Vitz. I have already purchased the badges and logos (one front, one back, and "Vitz") to replace the toyota symbol on the outside, but other than that I am pretty new to car mods altogether.

What I'm looking for is pretty much links to things that will make my car very VERY pretty hehe. Also, I am in the US but money is pretty much no object here so Link away please, as I except to pay quite a bit for anything and everything (body kits/TRD Oil caps/...anything!_)

TIA!

Jimbo

edit: I didnt relize which forums I was reading when i got the curage to write this, so any mods out there please feel free to move this into a better suited Room, sorry!
ism3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:17 AM   #2
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ism3t
Howdy, this is my first post as I just ordered my car, an 07 Black Liftback, and I was wondering what add-ons I could purchase while my car is being shipped (eta 9-23) to make it ready for a steady transition to look and drive like the JDM Vitz. I have already purchased the badges and logos (one front, one back, and "Vitz") to replace the toyota symbol on the outside, but other than that I am pretty new to car mods altogether.

What I'm looking for is pretty much links to things that will make my car very VERY pretty hehe. Also, I am in the US but money is pretty much no object here so Link away please, as I except to pay quite a bit for anything and everything (body kits/TRD Oil caps/...anything!_)

TIA!

Jimbo

edit: I didnt relize which forums I was reading when i got the curage to write this, so any mods out there please feel free to move this into a better suited Room, sorry!
well for the most part you need two extra doors ^__^;; assuming you're the driver, you're sitting on the wrong side. and while i'm being the nicer one of the people that will tell you, no matter how close you get it to look like a vitz, it is not a vitz, and neither are the ones badged "Yaris" off the lot from any parts of the world. so you can make it look like one (sans the two extra doors missing), but it'll never drive like one (since you are sitting on the wrong side).
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:40 AM   #3
Jfoofoo

Drives: 07 Yaris HB Meteorite Metallic
Hmm Yaris is not good enough for u? regardless try http://japanparts.com/
if you got a deep pocket
Jfoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:02 AM   #4
ism3t
YarVitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 田中秀樹
well for the most part you need two extra doors ^__^;; assuming you're the driver, you're sitting on the wrong side. and while i'm being the nicer one of the people that will tell you, no matter how close you get it to look like a vitz, it is not a vitz, and neither are the ones badged "Yaris" off the lot from any parts of the world. so you can make it look like one (sans the two extra doors missing), but it'll never drive like one (since you are sitting on the wrong side).
haha, im not trying to make it drive like one per say, and i realize the doors are a small issue along with the side of the car i will be riding, but im talking more of cosmetics than anything else.

I guess moreso what I was asking was the differences of the cars, since i fell in love with the vitz not the yaris, and since i live in the US getting a vitz was a bit tougher than making a yaris look like a vitz.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:03 AM   #5
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
If price isn't a concern, couldn't you have imported a Vitz?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:36 AM   #6
ism3t
YarVitz

Jfoofoo thanks alot for the link, tons of good stuff on their.

Didnt expect to be flamed this much by islndboi and box guy so much, but whatever makes them feel powerful, more power to them!

Does anyone know of any companys that are making side skirts for the 3 door yet? i reall like the Gialla Aero Kit but i think it would look funny without them.

Also if i were to buy the Front/back lip would they fit on my 07 oem yaris?
Old 09-10-2006, 05:44 AM   #7
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I wasn't flaming, just asking a question.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:28 AM   #8
ism3t
YarVitz

its all good, just felt like you were being rather harsh, im new to these kind of communities, but not to boards.

money is kind of an issue, didnt mean to come off like a rich man or anything, but, I didnt want to have to deal with all the converstion fees and/or the awkwardness of being the only guy on the road driving from the passenger side.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #9
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
ahh..well my bad if it seemed like flaming. i'm not really much of the type that will flame people..after all,i really believe the whole..to each his own thing. but that was a reality, and not a 'to each his own' thing. as if you noticed the things i pointed out are the real hard ones to get it to look like a vitz.

there's nothing wrong with people looking at you funny that you're on the normal passenger side. heck, i still look at the mailmen/women funny. XD

'box guy' must have been referring to me. probably because you do not have the japanese language enabled on your computer. heck chinese language either.

ahh..where in so. cal are you from?
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
Jfoofoo

Hehe.. I guess you are the box guy Tanaka Was wondering who was he refering to as the box guy....
As for other links for parts.. try http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/ or http://www.trdsparks.com/ I think Ken and Josh from TRDSPARKS.com are both on the forum.. so easier for you to ask questions..

PS. Riceboy was/is doing a group buy on those JMD tail lights.. I am not sure if he is still taking orders or the GB is over.. but it never hurts to ask. I almost dished out $$$ to join the GB... until my credit card bills came in the mail...
Old 09-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #11
ism3t
YarVitz

haha yeah, no foreign languages on this pc, sorry mate.

I live in sothern cali, in orange county (nothing like the show)

jfoofoo once again great links man! i am having trouble figuring out what to get! any suggestions? I really want the center console things, and the armrest/box. I also checked into the tread about the lights and it looks like his list was full, anyone else know of anywhere that I can order from?

Also alot of the sites say the parts fit cp1 or something, which model is the usdm 07 hb yaris so i know they will fit? Im also looking to get fog lights and a body kit asap!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
Jfoofoo

Check with riceboy.. there might still be a chance for him to add u to it.. no promise there thou... but can't hurt for trying. I would PM him ASAP. Contact Chris07LB for a set of nice HID light.. they really make your car stands out in the traffic at night or when it rains. Don't try to do everything in one shot.. make them into small project and go one at a time.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #13
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ism3t
I have already purchased the badges and logos (one front, one back, and "Vitz") to replace the toyota symbol on the outside, but other than that I am pretty new to car mods altogether
Where did you order the emblems from? I'm also looking to get the front and rear toyota emblems replaced along with having the Vitz emblem aswell.

2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback - Current
2004 Honda S2000 - Sold
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Sold

DIY: Groundwire Kit
ItsMyDaily is offline   Reply With Quote