Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #1
NOVA4809

Drives: Honda Civic 00'
Toyota finance in DFW,Texas??

G/f and I where at Vandegriff Toyota off of I-20 looking at Yaris LB auto with power package. Salesman we spoke to, Scott Harold, said if we finance 10k or less they give us 60 months of no interest. Sounds great to me, but it seems like they won't come down much from 16k or so. Built it online with 7% added for TTL and came out to $14,996. I'm a first time buyer. Is this the price I should haggal for, or is it to low?
NOVA4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
fazali

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris LB
Too high.... abort! What port options are on the car?
15" Black Feather Konig's
Viper Remote Start Alarm System
20% Window Tint All Around
fazali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:10 AM   #3
fu_im_from_texas

Drives: Liftback
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
Bill Jenkens - Toyota Of Mckinney

Bill Jenkens was my salesman..he is honest, straightforward, and easy to negotiate with...car buying was actually fun. It sounds like Mckinney is out of your way, but I cant say enough nice things about Bill...you should at least give him a call, and see what he can do...
fu_im_from_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
zenodaddy

Drives: Yaris 2-Door HB
I purchased my Yaris LB from Toyota of Richardson through the sales of Sam Mansfield. The experience was great and I was in and out in a matter of 2 hours.

DO NOT go to Sports City Toyota! Those people are known to be a bunch of crooks and I have filed several complaints through Toyota about them already.
zenodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
bought mine from Aaron at Toyota of Plano. He is part of the internet sales team. Experience was great and would definitely refer him to anyone that wants to buy a Toyota.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
res0zvle@g

Drives: Hatchback
I just got a price from Don Davis in DFW for $14500 (includes tax,title, etc) plus tinted windows & floor mats. Shoot me an email & maybe we could work out a bulk deal.

For the other people responding to this thread. How much did you get off MSRP?

Thanks
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA4809 View Post
G/f and I where at Vandegriff Toyota off of I-20 looking at Yaris LB auto with power package. Salesman we spoke to, Scott Harold, said if we finance 10k or less they give us 60 months of no interest. Sounds great to me, but it seems like they won't come down much from 16k or so. Built it online with 7% added for TTL and came out to $14,996. I'm a first time buyer. Is this the price I should haggal for, or is it to low?
res0zvle@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:26 PM   #7
fazali

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris LB
$800 Off

If you can get 1k off, your in great shape. That puts you into their holdback. $800, and your all the way into invoice- what I call an average deal.

$1000 off the sticker should be your goal.

Then their is the port options- that's where the profit just rolls on in.

Look at KBB.COM for invoice pricing.

Good luck.
15" Black Feather Konig's
Viper Remote Start Alarm System
20% Window Tint All Around
fazali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

because the yaris is such a cheap car to begin with, you most likely won't have a whole lot of room to negotiate. i think i got about $100 off msrp. this was in october of 06.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #9
NOVA4809

Drives: Honda Civic 00'
I did some internet quotes and got 14,2 -14,5. The 60 month no interest is bull. They tacked on what the interest would have been right onto the sticker price. I'm not sure if all the internet prices included tt&l. But now I know what they want for it and I can haggle from there. Car is for my girl friend so she gets final say. Were also looking at the honda fit. The Honda is very cheap, the doors look like they won't stand up to the wind. Atleast it's not a Kia I guess. Thanks for all the responces.
NOVA4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #10
zenodaddy

The total price for me was $12,250 and that was with the mats, radio upgrade, 15's and tint (20% if I remember right). Not bad. They did not have the Blazing Blue but I went with the Meteorite Silver

Like I said, cannot go wrong with Richardson. Ask for Sam Mansfield, he is in the internet sales department. Tell them Bradley Huddleston sent you... never know, may get a better deal.

Peace.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 AM   #11
res0zvle@g

Thanks, I'll give him a call and see what deal he'll give us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenodaddy View Post
The total price for me was $12,250 and that was with the mats, radio upgrade, 15's and tint (20% if I remember right). Not bad. They did not have the Blazing Blue but I went with the Meteorite Silver

Like I said, cannot go wrong with Richardson. Ask for Sam Mansfield, he is in the internet sales department. Tell them Bradley Huddleston sent you... never know, may get a better deal.

Peace.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #12
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Quote:

Peace.
i'd be asking them about a referral program. i know toyota of plano will pay the referrer $100 if someone buys a car that was referred to them.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #13
res0zvle@g

I actuall mentioned Bradley Huddlestons name & Sam said let him know he would give him $50 if the sale went through. Sam never called back with the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe View Post
i'd be asking them about a referral program. i know toyota of plano will pay the referrer $100 if someone buys a car that was referred to them.

Originally Posted by zenodaddy

Peace.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #14
zenodaddy

Damnit he better call you back... I could use $50 lol I promised my daughter a trip to chucky cheeses for passing her 3rd grade TAKS test.

Did you specify a color? I can't remember the total price I paid... I didn't add the TT&L but who does. I traded in my 2001 corolla (thing was falling apart) so I also had around $1000 added on for the upside down but overall I got a very good deal.

You can also ask for Fabien who tends to tag team with Sam. Just don't let the finance rep get you with the warranty.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 AM   #15
res0zvle@g

I did specify white. I've had a few dealers fail to call me back. Sam seemed interested and did remember you. I have a new quote of $14,400 (including TT&L) for a white Yaris with automatic, power package & mats. That is the best deal so far. I'll let you know if I hear back from Sam.

Quote:
Damnit he better call you back... I could use $50 lol I promised my daughter a trip to chucky cheeses for passing her 3rd grade TAKS test.

Did you specify a color? I can't remember the total price I paid... I didn't add the TT&L but who does. I traded in my 2001 corolla (thing was falling apart) so I also had around $1000 added on for the upside down but overall I got a very good deal.

You can also ask for Fabien who tends to tag team with Sam. Just don't let the finance rep get you with the warranty.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #16
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Toyota of Richardson Best

I went through Sam Mansfield at Toyota of Richardson and had a very easy buying experience. The dealership is exceptional and they treat you very well. It is simple no haggle. They give you a bottom line price and then you work out your trade in and your interest rate and your done. No tricks and no surprises.

I have to say Cowboy Toyota is a dump and Sport City Toyota also has received very negative feedback from me. They are very crooked at Sport City. Total waste of time. I walked out on the sales guy after they tried to double team me and told me lie after lie. Worst experience I have ever had at a dealship.
brickhardmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #17
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

i had a horrible experience at toyota of grapevine. i will never ever refer anyone to those crooks.

they tried to con me into thinking my corolla was only worth $5000 which i already knew was BS. then they told me they would do me the favor of giving me $6000 if i paid full price for a yaris with the options THEY chose to have installed. i told the moron, "good day sir" and walked out. he had the audacity to follow me and say, "you'll never find a yaris for the price you want to pay. cya."

boycot these mofo's as if your life depended on it.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #18
res0zvle@g

Sam sent a detailed breakdown of the cost of the Yaris. The price was $600 more than another deal I worked out ($15000 incl. TT&L). Also, it would take at least two weeks for delivery where the other Yaris will arrive next week.
The deal I worked out seemed too good to be true but I have faith in it since we left a deposit and agreed to specific terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
I went through Sam Mansfield at Toyota of Richardson and had a very easy buying experience. The dealership is exceptional and they treat you very well. It is simple no haggle. They give you a bottom line price and then you work out your trade in and your interest rate and your done. No tricks and no surprises.

I have to say Cowboy Toyota is a dump and Sport City Toyota also has received very negative feedback from me. They are very crooked at Sport City. Total waste of time. I walked out on the sales guy after they tried to double team me and told me lie after lie. Worst experience I have ever had at a dealship.