Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
charles nelson

Drives: red Liftback
Sound Cancellation?

If you ever have used a sound cancellation set of earphones (Bose, etc.) you know that the electronics is pretty good at removing quite a bit of external noise. My nephew works in the airline business and talks with Boeing. Their engineers are talking about mounting mikes on their aircraft, processing the sounds, and then broadcasting them into the plane. In effect, the whole plane becomes a Bose Earphone.
I was wondering if such a system could be developed to help cut down the wind roar that occurs in the Yaris.
charles nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles nelson View Post
If you ever have used a sound cancellation set of earphones (Bose, etc.) you know that the electronics is pretty good at removing quite a bit of external noise. My nephew works in the airline business and talks with Boeing. Their engineers are talking about mounting mikes on their aircraft, processing the sounds, and then broadcasting them into the plane. In effect, the whole plane becomes a Bose Earphone.
I was wondering if such a system could be developed to help cut down the wind roar that occurs in the Yaris.
In my build not long time ago I posted a picture how GM has this going on in some of their vehicles.

But honestly there is nothing like MLV to block the road noise and enjoy your music.

D.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Found it on post # 1806

here is the LINK

D.