Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-18-2021, 01:01 PM   #1
tobsie

Drives: Yaris Hybrid 1.5
Driver side power window not working

In my Yaris Hybrid from 2015 the driver side power window suddenly stopped working. The passenger window is working ok.
I first checked all the fuses. These look al OK.
I then got a new window mechanism including motor. I tried to connect it first to test if that is the issue, but the motor isn't working when I use the window button. So by connecting the connector and holding the regulator incl motor in my hand (should this work?).
So assuming that there is something wrong with the buttons, I replaced today the button panel. But still nothing. All other functions from the panel are working.

Does someome has a clue, because it looks like it is in the wiring?
tobsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Do you have a volt ohm meter? See if you have 12 V at the switch if not that’s the problem. If you have 12 to switch it’s the switch
Old 05-19-2021, 01:36 PM   #3
tobsie

Drives: Yaris Hybrid 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Do you have a volt ohm meter? See if you have 12 V at the switch if not that’s the problem. If you have 12 to switch it’s the switch
Oops, forgot to mention. I measured it at the power window connector in de door (to the motor). I meassured 0 volt when pushing or pulling the switch.
To be sure I also measured the passenger power window connector. This gave 12 volt.
But, the passenger only had a 2 wire plug. The driver side window had more wires. There were 2 wires which were thicker and looked the same as the passenger side wire plug. So I meassured those. The other were all thin wires.
Is this correct or am I meassuring wrong?

All the other function on the panel work, so the panel has 12 volt.
tobsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:02 PM   #4
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I would put 12 V to the switch and see if that works you could always run wires with 12 V to the switch.

Good luck!