Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #55
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

Drives: 07 Gerbil Powered Hatchback
Hey I ain't trying to start shite with you. I think that the desire to CC is a personal thing, and can raise emotions when being talked about. I have also gone rounds with folks on a gun forum about the statistics of accidental shootings and such; got none of us anywhere.

Moral of the story, I still own guns and enjoy doing so. In the interest of me not pissing off people...have you shot a FN FS2000? I love the Beretta carbine and thought that a 223 would be even better. They are just too damn expensive.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #56
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Lets say that FL and TX are similar it seems on protecting your property.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...20013#0776.013

In 2005 Florida passed an amendment to its deadly force laws saying a homeowner did not have the duty to 'retreat' in the face of imminent threat.

If you like to shoot fruit fine but i've never read of armed watermelons killing anyone where I lived. (This includes the worst parts of Atlanta, Birmingham and now Orlando btw).
Old 09-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #57
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Indiana is no holds barred. I know people that carry them in Wal Mart on their sides locked and loaded. I didnt know about the messed up gun laws in some of these states.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #58
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

And just how many times have you had to defend yourself with deadly force in the mean streets there killer?

None

Fear mongering and paranoia more often than not end up with people discharging a weapon on accident or getting drunk and doing something really dumb. I am not just saying this. It is a fact.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #59
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

I'm a hardcore Democrat but if there is one issue I side with the Republicans on its the right to bear arms and self protection.

Perhaps if the laws allowed it, some of the senseless 'random' acts of violence
(mass killings (VA Tech for example), child abductions/deaths, carjackings, etc...) we've seen in recent years could/would have been prevented when the Police weren't readily available.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #60
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

Maybe...that is a valid argument, but the more folks that have guns with them will just translate to more incidents of violence, intentional or otherwise.

Again, I really didn't mean for this to turn into a debate or pissing match or anything...I will keep my trap shut and go send some apples to hell from 75 feet.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #61
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by umm_bacon View Post
And just how many times have you had to defend yourself with deadly force in the mean streets there killer?

None

Fear mongering and paranoia more often than not end up with people discharging a weapon on accident or getting drunk and doing something really dumb. I am not just saying this. It is a fact.
Ok i was trying to be polite bacon but now you want to start taking it down a notch...

I'll ask you the same question since you threw that out fruit assasin. I've never had to kill anyone but i like being ready to the best of my ability. Hopefully going to the range to shoot legally regularly and knowing how to properly handle a gun lawfully will somewhat prepare me for the day when its either me or a waste of life 6 feet under. A split second decision.

Its interesting how someone how professes to own guns opposes the right to self protection????? And if you're inferring i'm getting drunk with any weapon then you're in the wrong trailer park.

Last edited by redyaris; 09-21-2007 at 06:27 PM.
redyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #62
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

Lighten up there...didn't mean anything by that. You win. Do as you wish as long as it is inside of the law. Hell do otherwise, that is your deal. I am just saying that I have seen enough folks get shot (two was enough for me) and well...those were both accidents that shouldn't have happened. Any way...

Did you really have to say something about #12? I know he sucks, he knows he sucks...leave it at that. Not the best year for the Tigers...but South Florida, serious?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #63
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
Lighten up there...didn't mean anything by that. You win. Do as you wish as long as it is inside of the law. Hell do otherwise, that is your deal. I am just saying that I have seen enough folks get shot (two was enough for me) and well...those were both accidents that shouldn't have happened. Any way...

Did you really have to say something about #12? I know he sucks, he knows he sucks...leave it at that. Not the best year for the Tigers...but South Florida, serious?
I thought the Brandon Cox quote was harsh so i deleted it. See I do have a heart.

No problem bacon. I'm not debating to 'win' btw just defending a viewpoint.

See mods, civil debates can result in unlocked threads.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #64
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
I thought the Brandon Cox quote was harsh so i deleted it. See I do have a heart.
Thank you...it is just going to get worse, so save that one for later in the year.
@ Florida
@Arkansas
@LSU
@Georgia
At least they get Bama at home...

Son of a...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:21 AM   #65
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
I worked with a guy that unloaded a magazine in a robber and he is doing time for "protecting" himself. Something to think about. I am not saying that is right, but it does happen.
That's true, my mom has a good friend in jail in Georgia for shooting two robbers, though one of them died.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #66
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Thats crazy. Was the robber armed in anyway?? I always liked the motto "It's better to have one and not need it then to not have one and need it" Mean streets is funny. Ya I laugh at the people that carry everywhere they go. I dont do that. I just like going to the range.

Last edited by slvryaris; 09-24-2007 at 07:45 AM.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #67
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
It's a long and convoluted story... the guy's house was raided by the police looking for drugs or something, and they shot his dog, and didn't find anything... So the guy started a lawsuit against the police, and a week later, he gets robbed, shoots the robbers in self-defense (that's what he claims, who really knows?), and has been rotting in jail over a year now.

Personally I'm weird... I like guns, the engineering, the thrill of shooting, yet I wouldn't want to own one or use one outside of a shooting range. So much that can go wrong, I guess!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #68
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
the only thing i'd ever shoot at is bottles or at a range if i get a gun.

These days, the law is so corrupt that you'd get thrown in jail even if you're defending yourself.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #69
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Personally I'm weird... I like guns, the engineering, the thrill of shooting, yet I wouldn't want to own one or use one outside of a shooting range. So much that can go wrong, I guess!
I'm with you on that one. I love taking targets apart, and I love clay-shooting with the 20-guage.
I read a book by someone who hunted a lot, and he was getting fed up with always being asked at parties "Why do you lke hunting?" His favourite answer (for the especially annoying folks) was "I just love to hear the solid "thwack!" of a bullet hitting flesh".
Personally, you can keep the "thwack!" - I love the "per-chink" of the bullet hitting the backstop.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #70
DeliciousYaris2007

Drives: White, Sedan
I don't own any yet. I was told a Ruger 10/22 would be a good starting point. But that was one opinion. I'm still waiting for more

I'm also anxious for that 21st year, so I can have me some hand guns lol
DeliciousYaris2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #71
SailDesign

Drives: .
Buying a 10/22 rather than a bolt-action is like buying an automatic Yaris instead of a stick.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #72
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousYaris2007 View Post
I don't own any yet. I was told a Ruger 10/22 would be a good starting point. But that was one opinion. I'm still waiting for more

I'm also anxious for that 21st year, so I can have me some hand guns lol
you have to be 21 to get a gun??

and when is that 21st year coming along?

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote