Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Called Toyota and they gave a reference number for when brought in . There's creaking from the rear end as well ( culprit ? ) . Have it in stereo at times . Anyway , here are the bolts taken yesterday ( right ones I hope ) . Look o.k. ? Last , how does CT get his undercarriage so clean ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1434.JPG (147.6 KB, 490 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1433.JPG (138.8 KB, 486 views)
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Called Toyota and they gave a reference number for when brought in . There's creaking from the rear end as well ( culprit ? ) . Have it in stereo at times . Anyway , here are the bolts taken yesterday ( right ones I hope ) . Look o.k. ? Last , how does CT get his undercarriage so clean ?

I would really like to see one of the bolts that has failed on someone's car.

With the size of the bolts I don't believe that they can rust deep enough to weaken enough to fail. I have a funny feeling that the bolts in question have an issue where they were made either too soft or too brittle.

For the rear creaking, the springs or rear brakes are usually the culprit of that one. My 09 was doing it and I hit the perches with a light coat of silicone oil and it went away.

Don't you wax the bottom of your car too?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
" I would really like to see one of the bolts that has failed on someone's car. "

Would be nice to see a picture of the snaaped off bolt . Very slim chance .

" With the size of the bolts I don't believe that they can rust deep enough to weaken enough to fail. I have a funny feeling that the bolts in question have an issue where they were made either too soft or too brittle. "

Makes sense .

" For the rear creaking, the springs or rear brakes are usually the culprit of that one. My 09 was doing it and I hit the perches with a light coat of silicone oil and it went away. "

Thanks .

" Don't you wax the bottom of your car too? "

No . Don't wax the cars at all . A lift sure would be helpful . Maybe Santa will drop one off .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Don777

Drives: yaris hatch
Yariscontrol arm bolts

here's what I have re bolt corrosion images
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yariscontrolarm.jpg (21.6 KB, 434 views)
File Type: jpg 036c8ee2-1c01-102f-bffb-bccabd56764er.jpg (64.6 KB, 434 views)
Don777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I wonder if this was for the 07 sedan as well
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
I wonder if this was for the 07 sedan as well
Yes - It is for Sedan's as well.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:19 AM   #7
kaz777

Drives: yaris sedan 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
" I would really like to see one of the bolts that has failed on someone's car. "

Would be nice to see a picture of the snaaped off bolt . Very slim chance .

" With the size of the bolts I don't believe that they can rust deep enough to weaken enough to fail. I have a funny feeling that the bolts in question have an issue where they were made either too soft or too brittle. "
Dont know if anyone showed one (snapped off bolt head), but here it is on our car, Right side (passenger). Made the noise took it to our mechanic who showed it to us and told us to go to toyota with the letter. We are hoping they cover it with the letter today. They sched it a 1pm (half day off work) hope it takes the hour and half they claim in letter???
Our local mechanic noticed the a/c drains right onto it. hmm? I live NE usa. This car has 50k on it 08 sedan yaris. The other side has a rusted regular looking bolt on the same bar. Not sure it they cover it. I bet they wont pull the same one on other side, I fear the head wont rust but the bolt will like mongoose pic above. Incidentally there seems to be a fair amt of rust on the bar near bolts on drivers side too, guess they wont cover it tho".

EDITED TO SAY: today my car is at a toyota dealer, they are giving us a loaner saying the car is not safe. They cov'd it in full both bolts and even fixed the seat adjuster recall, but the seat is harder to work now, must do it two handed on each side of front bottom of it. OH and the did a realignment since it got complicated getting the sheared off bolt out. Im very grateful had a great toyota dealer experience :) Ive had much worse at other types of dealers in the past.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bolt jpg.jpg (496.7 KB, 307 views)

Last edited by kaz777; 06-24-2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: UPDATE
kaz777 is offline   Reply With Quote