Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
xBoosted

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
1NZFE K1 by Carrillo Rod interest list

Hey guys, we are trying to gauge interest for these.
This is from scionlife.com
Thread --> http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=245472

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettereddie
For those looking to upgrade the internals for the 1NZ-FE, the majority of cost to upgrade is the connecting rods. Until recently, they needed to be custom made. Crower has recently added the 1NZFE to it's parts catalog, but still runs a hefty $750.

I noticed Dezod had K1 Technologies (a Carrillo company) do a production run on rods for the 2AZFE for $421. I've asked Paul if he could do a similar production run for the 1NZ, and he said it would be a possibility if enough people show interest.

His response was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettereddie
That 2AZ connecting rod cost is just crazy cheap!

Any chance on a K1 rod for the 1NZ-FE? Still working up to dropping $750 on a Crower set, looks like after XMas at this point :(. I'll be emailing them to see what a custom or low run cost would be.
The k1s could be made for the 1NZFE, but we need atleast an inital order of 25 sets to offer them at that price.
So I am now making a list to gauge interest. There is no financial commitment at this point, but I'm assuming at some point there would be a prepay prior to the production run. No timeline yet either, I'll ask about turn-around. Please sign up if you have a genuine interest in a more affordable connecting rod and would plan to purchase in the next 6 months to a year or so. let's get this thing started, with not a lot of people building the 1NZ yet there is a lot of fun to be had in pushing up the HP numbers.

I will also be fielding this on ClubxB, so if you post there please let me know you also posted here so I don't count you twice.

1. vettereddie
2. xBoosted
xBoosted is offline   Reply With Quote