Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2006, 03:46 AM   #1
TOYOTaejien

Drives: Yaris S Sedan Manual
Cruise Control Available for 06/07 Yaris

A company called Rostra creates them. For now, the only one available is for Automatic Transmission. Manual Transmission release in June.

Link is:
http://www.rostra.com/ac-customcruise.asp

Just info for ya.

Oh, and if you want to buy it, Ebay has it. I'm not sure of the quantity. So first there, first served I guess. Just info for ya who wants cruise control.

Taejien
Old 04-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
BensVitz

Drives: 2001 Mazda P/U
I won't even put an order in for the car until there's a cruise control available. CC is one of those features that should at least be an option on every car. The guy over at the local Toyota dealer says that they'd just retrofit the CC on the sedan over to the hatchback version. If it's that simple, why isn't it an option for the LB?

Ben
BensVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I have the Rostra cruise control on my Scion xB and it works pretty well. It's not as quick to engage as an OEM unit, but it holds speed well. It was well worth the money considering the amount of highway driving I do.

However, I agree with BensVitz; I won't buy a liftback unless they come out with at least a Rostra option for it.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
TOYOTaejien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine
I have the Rostra cruise control on my Scion xB and it works pretty well. It's not as quick to engage as an OEM unit, but it holds speed well. It was well worth the money considering the amount of highway driving I do.

However, I agree with BensVitz; I won't buy a liftback unless they come out with at least a Rostra option for it.
As long as I know it works then. That's great. Will probably be waiting for M/T cruise control. I hope Toyota has them as an option in June or so, or future.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
nwdixieboy

Drives: ecoh
I just drove my new Yaris Sedan on an 8 hour day trip and it was actually not tiring at all without cruise control compared to my Echo.
nwdixieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:16 AM   #6
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
hey i was just going threw the toyota website, and checking out the accesories, and there it was, Cruise Control. on the canadian website. $450 or something like that. just my 2 cents
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:11 AM   #7
TOYOTaejien

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHAL
hey i was just going threw the toyota website, and checking out the accesories, and there it was, Cruise Control. on the canadian website. $450 or something like that. just my 2 cents
Aw you lucky canadians.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
moonlighter6

Drives: 2008 Yaris manual 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTaejien View Post
A company called Rostra creates them. For now, the only one available is for Automatic Transmission. Manual Transmission release in June.

Link is:
http://www.rostra.com/ac-customcruise.asp

Just info for ya.

Oh, and if you want to buy it, Ebay has it. I'm not sure of the quantity. So first there, first served I guess. Just info for ya who wants cruise control.

Taejien
My installed cruise;
http://www.allscion.com/cruisecontrol_yaris.html
Yes, I am BKS !
moonlighter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
moonlighter6

Drives: 2008 Yaris manual 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlighter6 View Post
My installed cruise;
http://www.allscion.com/cruisecontrol_yaris.html
Yes, I am BKS !
Tickets, then more tickets, speed traps, and a 70 mile one-way trip to work. Every thing I own has cruise and RADAR detection - LOL !! I am not a speed-demon but do get to the limit quickly without spinning the tires and cops seem to notice my vehicles.
moonlighter6 is offline   Reply With Quote