Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2008, 02:29 AM   #1
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
About the hack... my two cents.

I love this forum. It is the only forum I have ever been an active member on and the only forum that I have helped moderate. Some of the members on here that I have written to, spoken with and/or met mean a whole lot to me as people, although I may have never even seen them. I know a lot of you feel the same.

This whole situation really stinks. We had a lot of good information get wiped out, and I feel bad for anyone who put their time and effort into those posts only to see them gone forever.

However, the solution is not to place blame on the administrators. They have done a lot for the community that surrounds this little vehicle. Did they make a mistake? You betcha. Do they know they did? Absolutely. Do they feel bad? Would you? BUT... they're smart guys, and the problem has been solved. Done deal. Don't let it cloud your understanding of what they do for us.

So where does it leave us? I can say this because I was probably culprit #1. The clocks have turned back a year and I'm #1 in the post count again. This was back when I was an active, participating member of the forum.

I'll be the first to admit that for the past year, I've done little to contribute... but I'm not the only one. Our knowledge base was so large and so many topics had been covered that it seemed like there was little else to discover.

You know what the best f*ck you would be to these hackers? Pour yourselves into the site. For those of you that have never posted a DIY, post one. Post anything. Post your take of something that has been done before. Think of new things to do with this car. Research, call companies, and make the next year the best year of content this site has ever seen.

Have you been lurking in the shadows looking for information here? SIGN UP! Make yourselves known! A great way to support a good forum is to make an account and increase its credibility by increasing its member count.

Were you established with a huge post count before this only to see it all gone? Worried about your credibility? Forget about it! We still know who here is a source of inspiration, information, sound reasoning... we didn't forget.

Most of all, don't let this stop you from coming here. We have a uniquely awesome forum here, and it will continue to be. Be a part of it!

YW FTW!!!!!!!