Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Hood Spacers. First Ever on YarisWorld!

Well first I would like to thank Garm from Micro Image for helping me find what I was looking for and for providing the part for me.

Now, I'm sure some of you have seen this mod before on other cars but I have yet to find anyone with them on a Yaris or even talk about them on a Yaris. I have a set on my 2007 Si and love them so I decided to be a pioneer and be the first Yaris owner to have these.

They are hood spacers and they lift the hood from its little hinges to provide a channel through which air can freely flow into the engine bay and help dissipate heat more quickly and efficiently as well as provide more air and cooler air to the air intake. I also find that this mod gives the car a sportier race look and achieves the same effect as a hood scoop with more of a sleeper look. Some of you may not like the look but to each his own.

The mod is cheap and easy to install just make sure u dont strip the bolts or drop the hood lol. The total cost was $2 per spacer plus $2 for shipping plus $2.46 for the 1.5 inch bolts because the stock 3/4 inch bolts wont be long enough. It took me an entire afternoon to find the bolts and finally just went to Advance Auto Parts and they had them. The bolt type for anyone wondering is m8-1.25x40mm.

On to the pics:

I realize I went a little aggressive and threw in 3/4 inch spacers and the gap is a little much. I would recommend to anyone interested, that you go with the 1/2 inch spacers instead and I will prolly swap these out for some 1/2 inch ones too.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote