Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2020, 03:31 PM   #1
osse

Drives: Vitz
Vitz 2008 Instrument cluster connectors pinout help needed

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a pinout diagram for the two connectors under the dashboard instrument cluster (as per attachment, this is not 2008 vitz, but just to show which wires I mean, as they are similar...). I am especially interested to understand if the engine, battery, airbag, etc. lights are powered by the separate wires. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meter wires.jpg (184.9 KB, 85 views)
osse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
There isn't really a simple way to get it other than dig through the wiring diagrams. It may be worth your while to get a 2-day subscription to the Toyota Tech Info service so that you can download all the manuals and diagrams for your exact model for offline use and verify that you have the correct info. If you're trying to swap in another Toyota cluster you can get the info for that one while you're in there.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:01 AM   #3
osse

Drives: Vitz
Thanks for the reply, I've tried reading the diagrams but can't figure out the pinouts on the connector. I think I will start debugging by extending the connector wires and disconnecting one by one.
osse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
The EWD has a pretty good explanation/legend section that shows what all the symbols mean. It takes a bit of detective work to find all the pins on any given connector because they're grouped by function to make troubleshooting whole systems easier. If they're .pdf's you can use the search function with some success.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #5
Ammar
I've made a post!

Drives: Vitz 2009
Hi. I converted manual cluster to digital but m not getting average etc functions. Any help?
Ammar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instrument cluster, instrument panel lights, wiring diagram