Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-20-2020, 12:39 AM   #37
LittleBlueYaris
LOL

Drives: 2009 3-Door/Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I wouldn't say the forum is dead, but there's not nearly as much activity in the California sections as there was in the past.

I don't mean to steer you away from the forum, but you might consider an Instagram account, if you don't already have one. My Yaris has 2k followers there, many of which are Yaris owners. Those that aren't Yaris owners still show my car a ton of love. I've gotten several invites to local car clubs that actively meet and cruise. They always comment on how having a Yaris in the club would be something different.

This forum is an awesome technical resource, there's loads of info across it, but if you're looking for more of the social aspects of Yaris ownership, places like Facebook (I don't have Facebook) and Instagram will probably serve you better.

Just my 2 cents!
I have no interest in Hatebook or Instagram. I did not come here to show off or gather 'followers' just learn about my car. Yes, I know this forum architecture is ancient, but this is a very disappointing response.
LittleBlueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #38
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueYaris View Post
I have no interest in Hatebook or Instagram. I did not come here to show off or gather 'followers' just learn about my car. Yes, I know this forum architecture is ancient, but this is a very disappointing response.
I'm sorry you feel that way. My comments weren't about gaining followers or showing off. They were in response to your mention of 'interacting with people.' Based on that, I assumed you were looking for more of the social aspects of Yaris ownership, which you'll have better luck finding on one of the more social focused platforms. As I said in my original response, the forum is loaded with technical info. If you're here to learn, you'll find plenty of curriculum, albeit mostly in the technical sections and not here in the California section

As an aside, I find calling 'disappointing' the reply of the only person to respond in kind to your post a little off-putting. I was only trying to be helpful. Also, the negative slant on social platforms, which many long time and very knowledgeable forum members are a part of (and not for showing off) isn't what I would call very nice. Most of us long time members feel that given the state this forum has been in and how little attention the owner gives it, we wouldn't be surprised if we hit the link one day and it was gone. A few of us regularly active members, of which there aren't many of, have simply looked for other places to stay connected should that happen, not to mention the wealth of info and interaction you'll find on those platforms.

In any case, enjoy learning about your Yaris. I hope you get what you're looking for out of the forum and many miles out of your car

On Wheelwell

Last edited by ern-diz; 07-20-2020 at 03:02 PM.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:27 PM   #39
Ma71-51o

Drives: Yaris 5dr HB & 87 Supra turbo
Send a message via AIM to Ma71-51o
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueYaris View Post
Little Blue Yaris - Lorraine

I am hoping this forum isn't completely dead. I need to interact with people who don't think my car is stupid.
Well regardless, welcome. We should setup something once this whole covid died down. Meeting new people with the same interest/car is always fun.
Attached Images

Slammed Society
ExcelFundamentals

Ma71-51o is offline   Reply With Quote