Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
2002 Odyssey getting crappy mileage!

My wife drives it so it is probaby thrashed quite a bit. I fill it up and a little over 16MPG! Holy sheets! It should get 18 city & 25 hwy. I just saw a Goss' Garage on MotorWeek and he reccomended the BG Fuel/Air Induction Service to restore mileage. http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html

It has a K&N Air filter too.

Has anyone ever had this done? If so, how much $$, and did it work.

Any info would be appreciated.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
No, but BG products are supposed to be good.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
fu_im_from_texas

Drives: Liftback
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
I'd check the tire pressure and air filter first....Is this change over 1 tank? or multiple tanks of gas? Different driving habits maybe? I ask too many questions...
fu_im_from_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
as a sienna owner, and having spent TONS of time researching the odyssey and sienna before buying a minivan, i gotta say that the mileage you're getting is typical if the van is being used for the usual soccer mom stuff. this means short trips within the city. the engine is always running cold, stop and go from the lights, etc... any V6 trying to lug around an excess of 4500lbs will be getting that kind of mileage. if i dont watch how im driving, im easily getting 13mpg in the city. i try to make up for it on the highways, where i can get as high as 29mpg. currently averaging just under 20mpg for the life of the van. one recommendation i do have that netted us an extra 2mpg is an occasional shot of regane gumout fuel system cleaner. $6 at target, twice a year. we're getting an extra 30-35 miles on every tank consistently with this stuff. also heard very good things about techron concentrate. hope this helps...

--B